POSITION TITLE: Youth Pastor (7th-12th)
LOCATION: Metro Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: NonDenominational (SBC Affiliated)
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: ~1000
MinisterSearch is excited to present a great opportunity for Youth Pastors at a healthy, thriving church that is focused on growing strong faith and families for life. They are all about families. From newborn babies to mature grandparents they offer ministries, classes, and events to resource and support families of all ages and stages of life
They are a multi-cultural and multi-generational church that challenges congregants to a high level of participation, and they have a commitment to excellence where people have an incredible experience and a true encounter with God.
The person who is right for this position will be responsible for the evangelism and discipleship of students in grades 7-12. The goal is to offer a ministry for all teenagers that is full of life and draws students from a wide cultural demographic into transformational encounters with God. With 4 5A high schools very close and 2 more fairly close, as well as an on-campus Christian school, there are myriad opportunities for a talented, creative, and hardworking Youth Pastor to reach many students.
With a large focus on family ministry, he must value the importance of a parents’ role in the life of a teenager by providing various resources and ministry to parents. In addition to experience in a growing ministry, this position requires a person who can balance a long-term vision and planning while delivering powerful weekly programs, studies, and experiences for youth.
Located in a suburb in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area, this church is a visual landmark in a community that is proud of their heritage, their friendly nature, and their diversity. It is attended by people living in suburbs of both Ft. Worth and Dallas.
The area has a conservative family feel — it is a great community to bring up a family — in a surrounding that more and more people are choosing as their new home. This church has a strong desire to show the love of Jesus to all!
The staff is very team focused, and you must have been a part of and enjoy being part of a team to be considered. The staff works together and socializes together. This opportunity provides a great church to minister in where you are treated as family, a ministry that is primed to explode and a friendly, family-focused area to live in!
- Responsible for complete and consistent oversight of the Youth Ministry, grades 7 – 12
- Provide programming and activities that develop youth in the knowledge
- Plan strategically with a vision that aligns with the mission of the church
- Provide a constant atmosphere of age-appropriate activities that are attractive in production and design for visitors and current students
- Connect with the students during the week by attending their school functions and other activities that they participate in
- Develop and grow disciples and leaders
- Design basic graphics and flyers for use in promoting the Student Ministry
- Encourage, support, and nurture the needs of the parents of the church’s teenagers
- Recruit, train, oversee, and encourage student and adult volunteers
- Grow the student ministry both spiritually and numerically
- Teach and communicate with students and parents in relatable, applicable, and theological ways.
- Manage and produce attractive, healthy and growing programs increasing in both numbers and influence in the community
- Plan and coordinate yearly camps and retreats for students
- Connect students with godly and loving adult leaders
- Maintain a value on community and fellowship through small groups and relationship-building activities/programs
- Encourage students to not only attend church, but to go out and be the church
- Encourage a continuing value to be placed on outreach and evangelism through various activities and programs
- Educate students in value of local and global missions by planning, garnering parents’ support, and encouraging participation in trips and missions activities
- Oversee and administer the Student Ministry budget
- Attend and participate in all Staff meetings
- Report to the Family Pastor
- Four-year degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in a growing, successful student ministry
- Passionate about building a strong church
- Possess a true love and concern for teenagers as well as their families—regardless of their personalities and spiritual walk
- Very good and relational teaching skills and “playing” skills; be approachable—with a love and concern for students and their parents
- Confident in your skills and ability but humble, teachable, and self-aware—open to suggestions and correction in a way that shows humility to leadership authority
- A self-starter and a multi-tasker who thrives on busy, eventful days, who must be able to take the lead, delegate appropriately and complete multiple tasks without micromanagement
- A demonstrated team player; understand importance of communication throughout the organization as a valuable tool in creating unity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
- Possess a discerning nature that allows you to see what others do not see on both a spiritual and a practical level
- Knowledge of and ability to use word processing and graphics programs to design promotional pieces
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.