POSITION TITLE: Worship Pastor
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600
We are excited about this position!!! If you are a Worship Pastor of a thriving worship ministry at a large church, this growing church in the Tampa, Florida, area might be the next step that God has for you.
This church, which is running about 2600 total among its current campuses, has a vision to launch strategic campuses throughout the area. They believe in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus. A fairly young church, they have grown from meeting in an apartment complex to see thousands of people come and experience authentic life change through the powerful message of Jesus.
While each Campus has its own culture, they all have the same focus and the same vision and mission. The church does not micromanage their staff’s daily routine. Other than scheduled meetings, the rest of the schedule is yours to set. They are excellent at reaching out to communities, telling them about Jesus, and doing great weekends! Some of the requirements of this position are a strong, relational leader, proven experience leading a high-level worship ministry, expert at recruiting volunteers, and great organizational/management skills.
As the nation’s 54th largest city, Tampa offers a unique and exciting experience for everyone. A visit to their ever-growing downtown area, or the exciting Channelside and Ybor entertainment districts, will provide you with plenty to see and do. Whether you choose to relax at an outdoor cafe, stroll along the Riverwalk or unwind at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park it will be evident how much we have put into ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment.
There is a diverse selection of great restaurants and some of the state’s best attractions, including the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the Straz Center for the Performing Arts, and Lowry Park Zoo. Of particular note is new Tampa Bay History Center and the recently opened Tampa Museum of Art, both are state of the art facilities honoring our community’s history, heritage, and commitment to the arts.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, this city provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family
- Passionately help people find and follow Jesus by providing leadership and direction to worship staff that continues to promote the development of a state-of-the-art Worship Ministry
- Oversee the vision and philosophy of using music and arts in worship that is congruent with the mission of the Church
- Oversee the development of plans and strategies to support the continuing growth of the Worship Team
- Provide leadership support and direction to the Vocal Worship Team and Band Members
- Teach, lead, mold, grow, and shepherd all participants in the worship ministry
- Develop relationships with other staff and worship team that conveys that we are the body of Jesus serving our community and each other
- Oversee the selection, training, and evaluation of new members to both the Vocal Worship Team and Band Members
- Works with worship leaders to recruit volunteer vocalists and band members
- Along with worship leaders, oversees the teaching, rehearsing and performance of worship bands
- Develop effective communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure quality service and efficiency
- Assess and monitor the health of each team by getting feedback from each team leader
- Attend and participate in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc., to stay up to date with current worship trends, music, and best practices.
- Create and distribute rotation schedule and work assignments to band members
- Assures that the tools and resources are available for rehearsals.
- Manage key projects and special assignments as delegated
- Engage at a leader level in all special giving and serving initiatives
- Support the ministry of the church by faithfully giving 10% of income.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings
- Four year Degree from accredited University or College
- Minimum of 4-5 years as a Worship Pastor with demonstrable success in leading, directing, mentoring, and growing a worship ministry program
- Proficiency on an instrument(s) is a plus
- Mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is evidenced by passion to serve Him and others through this position
- Impeccable character and work performance—a demonstrated self-starter who is goal-oriented, creative, and has a very strong work ethic
- Have as the highest priority the direction of the church’s program of ministry through music, including the vocal worship team, band members, etc.
- Proven past of promoting trust, fairness and teamwork among everyone who participates in the Worship Ministry
- Possess the ability to lead people into worship; create emotion
- High energy, outgoing, relational—loves people and is a people magnet
- Ability to recognize, recruit, and retain leaders
- Must be a team player and team builder with the entire church staff
- Skills of organization, consistency, and structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of sound and lighting
- Ability to proficiently use the relevant software for music and media
- High energy, engaging, relational, a great presenter – but also ability to be respected
- Must be a team player—works well in a team atmosphere
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.