POSITION TITLE: Worship Pastor
LOCATION: Macon, GA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 900
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for Worship Pastor candidates at a super, growing church that is looking for someone who has a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship. This church, which is running about 900 in weekly attendance, has contemporary worship in its two identical Sunday morning services and is very stable, both spiritually and fiscally. Located in a growing suburb of the middle Georgia community, the church has averaged 15% growth each of the last 3 years and fully expects that trend to continue. The church has a strong missions focus, both locally and internationally. Believing that they are to engage the culture that surrounds them, this church uses cultural awareness, creativity, and technology to relevantly present the timeless message of Christ.
The candidate who is a fit for this position will be able to inspire and engage the congregation by presenting the word in worship so that they will participate, be focused on God, and be prepared to hear the message. This position requires someone who has a passion for ministry—who ministers to and pastors the worship team. It provides the leadership for the worship environments with responsibilities for creative planning with heavy emphasis on cultural relevance and spiritual reverence. Someone who is an adept instrumentalist — preferably guitar — is highly preferred. Additionally, the Worship Pastor will be a very relational person who thrives in a team environment—in both work and fun.
Macon, known as the “Heart of Georgia,” is a town full of southern charm and antebellum architecture. It contains more than 155,000 people and is a little over an hour south of Atlanta. Due to its rich history, dating back to Native American civilizations, Macon is regularly mentioned as a cultural epicenter for Georgia. There is minimal traffic and distance (you can get anywhere in about 10 minutes); many schools to choose from, both public and private; they have a great recreational lake, Lake Tobesofkee, their own river, the Ocmulgee and are 3 hours to the ocean and 4 hours to ski. It is a town that loves food (from barbecue to fine dining), sports (especially high school and college football), and Macon music (Otis Redding, Little Richard, the Allman Brothers Band, and Jason Aldean, to name a few). It is also home to Mercer University (are you a college basketball fan!), Wesleyan College (the first college for women in the US) and Middle Georgia State College.
With all this and its mid/upper mid, largely professional urban congregation, the Worship Pastor at this church will have a fantastic opportunity to minister in a great setting of people who love the Lord and love each other!
- Lead worship for two Sunday services, and provide leadership in other services as needed.
- Plan, prepare and lead all necessary rehearsals.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor on planning/worship sets/etc.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor paid and volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists and worship leaders.
- Lead, disciple, and oversee the spiritual development of the Worship Ministry Team.
- Participate on the Creative Planning Team for weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
- Be knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components as needed.
- Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Worship Ministry Team.
- Continue developing musical proficiency, leadership and relevance.
- Oversee Student Ministry worship venues.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a thriving Worship Ministry that includes vocalists, instrumentalists, technical/media staff, and paid and volunteer members.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University, to include some Bible/Theology study; Seminary/Master’s Degree preferred.
- Mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
- Able to read and write musical arrangements.
- Ability to play instrument is highly preferred (preferably guitar).
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Very creative with ability to plan worship that both inspires and challenges.
- Good speaker who can prepare the hearts of the congregation for the message by appropriate Biblical-focused worship.
- A strong leader, but also teachable, responsive and respectful of authority.
- Able to recognize, recruit, train, and mentor Worship Ministry members.
- Organized, self-starter, who is always well prepared.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Willing to serve in other areas of ministry in the church.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.