POSITION TITLE: Worship Pastor
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 800+
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, as they select their next Worship Pastor.
Throughout the years God has continually blessed this church family. They continue to grow – both numerically and spiritually. In the process of drawing them to Himself God is drawing new people to the church every week. Lives are being changed, spiritual and physical needs are being met, the broken are finding healing; and most importantly, men and women, boys and girls are coming to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
You will find distinctness among the church family in many areas – each distinctness bringing a blessing. However, there are three very important things that are common to all — a deep love for each other, a deep love for their community and their world, and – most importantly – a deep love for Jesus Christ.
Very family oriented, the church attracts many young marrieds with children – and they love it! Everyone is loved and valued; so as well as young families, you will find 30-something singles, empty nesters, and octogenarian widowers. And, the distinctness extends from generational to ethnicity—almost 20 nations are represented, to economic – those trying to make ends meet to executives at large corporations. Add into the mix, varied religious backgrounds, life experiences, abilities, and disabilities; and you begin to get a feel for what a great microcosm of God’s people come together to worship each week.
If you like the beach, mountains, woods and the ability to visit a big city at a moment’s notice, Harrisburg, the capital of Pennsylvania, is a wonderful place to live. While the city proper only has a population of 49,000 people, the greater Harrisburg area has 300,000. And, if you’re inclined to make a quick trip to an even bigger place, you’re only 1 ½ hours to Baltimore or Philadelphia; and only 2 ½ to Washington or New York City.
With a Pastor whose staff and church family say leads by example, is a servant leader, and the ‘hardest worker here,’ as well as providing a family atmosphere, with a ‘get ‘r done’ Pennsylvania work ethic, you will have a unique opportunity as a Worship Pastor to create your vision and the freedom to implement it!
- Plan, develop, implement, and lead a comprehensive multi-ethnic ministry of music, drama, dance, and creative, visual, and written arts; and serve as the primary worship leader for all worship services
- Usher the church family into the presence of God by planning, developing, implementing, and directing weekly worship services that minister to people from a variety of different ethnic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Develop and implement a comprehensive vision and philosophy for utilizing the creative and visual arts throughout the church that enables the church to fulfill its purpose and vision and oversee integration into all facets of church life, especially corporate worship
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop a long-range plan, as well as weekly worship and creative arts experiences, that support and enhance the planned Biblical teaching
- Oversee and direct the various Worship and Creative Arts teams (e.g. worship teams, drama teams, choirs, ensembles, etc.) and technical teams (sound, video, lighting, décor, etc.)
- Provide for directly or by utilizing qualified leaders, the development, implementation, and direction of worship choir(s), worship teams, and drama, dance, and other visual arts teams, all who are proficient in various genres of worship and creative arts
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct major Worship and Creative Arts events
- Provide pastoral care and encouragement to the Worship and Creative Arts team members
- Oversee the proper care, cataloging, maintenance, and copyright of all Worship and Creative Arts resources
- Develop, together with the Student Ministries and Children’s Ministries Pastors, opportunities for students’ and children’s worship participation
- Oversee and guide the weekly, monthly, and yearly worship planning process
- Attend and actively participate in a weekly Small Group, prayer meeting, staff meeting, worship planning meeting, monthly long-range worship planning meetings, and regular participation in church-wide activities
- A 4-year degree or from an accredited College or University, preferably a music major/minor
- Significant academic training in Bible, theology, and music ministry is strongly preferred
- Staff leadership experience with thriving, contemporary worship, overseeing vocal/instrumental praise teams, bands, and choir
- Professional training, experience, and proficiency both vocally and with the keyboard; proficiency with additional types of musical instruments is preferred
- Training, experience, and proficiency with and/or willingness to learn, various genres of music (praise/worship, black gospel, urban, Latino, country, hip hop, hymns, etc.)
- A growing disciple of Jesus Christ whose life clearly manifests the fruit of a vital relationship with God and a love for the Gospel.
- Must be a team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the corporate whole and can inspire others to work together to achieve excellence
- Ability to recognize, recruit, and shepherd vocalists, instrumentalists, technical teams, administrative assistants, etc.
- A vibrant prayer life, a sincere love for all of God’s people, generous with one’s possessions and talents, and a teachable spirit
- Possess skills of organization, consistency, and structure — a demonstrated self-starter, who is goal-oriented, creative, and has a very strong work ethic
- Possess the spiritual gifts and/or abilities of pastor/shepherd, encouragement, teaching, leadership, administration, and creative communication
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.