POSITION TITLE: Student Pastor
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600 (All Campuses) 1200 This Campus
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in Tampa that currently has several campuses and is adding another one in 2015.
They currently have a position for a Student Pastor to oversee the Student Ministry (6th-12th) at their original campus. This church, which is running about 2600 total among its campuses, has a vision to launch strategic campuses throughout the Tampa area. They believe in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, Tampa provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family.
- Create environments of spiritual growth
- Build relationships with high level leaders who will invest their lives into the lives of students in the 6th – 12th grades
- Attend public school functions such as football games, recitals, etc.
- Build a strong working relationship with school administration, local sports and rec leagues – creatively develop ways to be a presence on campus
- Provide leadership to the Wednesday night programming team
- Develop a strong follow-up/assimilation process
- Encourage, support and nurture the needs of the parents of our teenagers
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to love and lead students
- Manage budget and student facilities in a professional manner
- Create policies and procedures for the church, leaders and students in order to maintain safe environments
- Create avenues to raise the awareness and importance of the student ministry in the life of the church
- Create avenues for students to serve in the ministries of the church
- Partner with the Children’s Pastor/Director to ensure a complete Next Generation spiritual growth system
- Ensure that the student ministry stays in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of the church
- Ministry oversight for Wednesday night programming, small groups, Summer Camp, Summer Internship, etc.
- Creatively use social media to connect with and grow the Student Ministry
- Minimum of 3+ years successfully leading a healthy student ministry at a church of at least 500 in weekly attendance
- 4-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Must love students, love being with them, and be a strong example of a mature Christ follower in their lives
- Needs to have great leadership/management skills
- A strong teacher/communicator to small and large groups
- A person who can cast and develop a vision
- Must love ‘mixing and mingling’ – be a strong presence on campus and in the community
- Must be aware of the youth culture, what students are interested in and what they are doing
- Energetic, able, and willing to give 110% in any capacity necessary for the good of the Ministry
- Excellent communication skills—oral and written
- A team player – someone who works well with a team-minded staff and does whatever is needed for the team
- Very relational—ability to relate to students of different backgrounds, different maturity levels, and different places in their faith walk
- Ability to recognize, train, lead, and mentor volunteers
- A self-starter and someone who can follow through with plans and assignments
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current social media to promote the ministry
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.