POSITION TITLE: Senior Pastor
LOCATION: Seattle area, Washington
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 1000
MinisterSearch has partnered with a great church in the Seattle area that is searching for their next Senior Pastor. With a weekly attendance of 1000 and two Sunday morning services, they also have many outreach opportunities such as Upward Basketball, MOPs, Women’s and Men’s Ministries, a preschool, and small groups. With a vision of reaching the world for Jesus one person at a time, the church is open to change and poised to go to the next level with a superior Sr. Pastor. While affiliated with the CBA, this church is nondenominational in character.
Their vision is woven throughout their ministries and outreach, and the successful candidate will not only be tasked with communicating and implementing this vision, but will also have a proven history of leadership as well as developing leaders as a key role to furthering God’s kingdom. He will model a life steeped in prayer, have a servant’s heart, and be an engaging speaker who is gifted in expositional, relational, and culturally relevant Bible teaching and preaching.
With beautiful Mount Rainier in view, the church is about 30 miles south of Seattle and is strategically located between there and Tacoma. This makes it an ideal location for businesses—in fact, this city has been leading the region in economic growth. The city has thoughtfully planned their land use so that the residential and business areas are interspersed with parks and open spaces to preserve the community’s quality of life. Close to numerous other communities, there are about a million people who live within 20 miles, and the average age of the people in the area is about 36.
Home to many attractions and recreation facilities to enhance your enjoyment of the area, the city provides a network of trails for jogging, horseback riding and bicycling in addition to top ranked golf courses. Residents also enjoy fishing and water sports in local rivers and lakes, as well as several close ski resorts if you like to hit the slopes during the winter. Exceptional shopping, outstanding performing arts and concert venues, and great restaurants round out the myriad opportunities for free-time fun!
The church’s heartfelt prayer is that God will provide a man who will help and guide God’s people to fulfill His great commission. A great church and a great opportunity to serve and live await the right man of God to lead and guide.
- Serve as the Primary Pulpit Preacher/Teacher, preaching two Sunday morning services each week.
- Preach and teach expository, relational, practical, and personal biblical messages.
- Provide general oversight to all ministries/departments of the church.
- Lead and manage the pastoral staff as best suited to fulfill the vision, mission, and context of the church’s ministry.
- Follows and works well with the Elder Board. Able to cast the vision for the church as jointly determined with the Elder Board.
- Model a leadership style that is collegial and collaborative, as opposed to top-down and controlling.
- Model and promote intentional disciple-making.
- Guide, foster, and communicate to the staff, church body, and leadership a shared vision.
- Teach, model, and promote creative approaches to evangelism.
- Coach and develop leaders — both lay leaders and staff.
- Cultivate a team ministry atmosphere and practice of leading the church toward a more team-based ministry, with a view to enabling the ministry to grow through replication throughout the region.
- Focus on leading, discipling, and mentoring the staff and the congregation.
- Be very visible, approachable to the congregation — finding various ways to meet, greet, and get to know them.
- Take proactive approach toward identifying problems or challenges and offer creative, thoughtful solutions for resolution.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited University or College; Graduate degree from an accredited evangelical seminary highly preferred
- Superior experience preaching, pastoring, and leading multiple staff as well as a history of leading ministries that consistently generate new leaders.
- Proven ability as a spiritual and organizational leader and team player with a strong ability for leadership development of others.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy, Titus, and I Peter).
- Exceptional gift for expositional, relational Bible teaching and preaching with a contagious passion for culturally relevant evangelism.
- Lifestyle that maintains a strong marriage and family relationships.
- Healthy work ethic, balancing time with God, family, and time for personal renewal and health.
- Leads, both directly and through others, as an integrated ministry, as opposed to independent ministry “silos.”
- Highly effective communicator and coach with excellent people skills.
- Is a loving shepherd, genuinely approachable, and seeks relationship with attenders.
- Commitment to authenticity, transparency, humility, servant hood, relationships, and brokenness that is demonstrated in all areas.
- Desire to embrace, by word and in life, the church’s strong emphasis on discipleship and small group ministry.
- Connect with all age groups in relational ways that instruct and motivate.
- Missional lifestyle of local evangelism and international partners, being intentional to increase conversion growth versus transfer growth.
- Follows and works well with the Elder Board, including the ability to cast church vision that is jointly determined with the Board.
- Utilizes current technology to communicate effectively with all generations.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and would like to apply, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.