POSITION TITLE: Pastor to Children & PreSchool
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 6000
MinisterSearch is delighted to offer an excellent position for strong leaders of children at a church of 6000 in Orlando, Florida, with a huge children’s ministry – almost 1000 precious children!
They love families and there is something for every member of the family at the church. They want their children to have the best two hours of their week when they are at church. The person who oversees this very important ministry must be a strong leader who has a passion for children and who can ensure that they are receiving the same church experiences that the youth and adults are: worship, evangelism, missions, discipleship, and fellowship.
You need to a visionary — to ensure this great ministry is one that people are talking about – not that it’s just a ‘show,’ not just that the theming is ‘engaging,’ but that it is also very effective, making a real difference in these little ones’ lives. And they believe that this will happen by really engaging the parents in the ministry! The city, church, their TV ministry, and online ministry are growing, so there is ample opportunity to continue to reach more families with children.
The Pastor to Children and PreSchool for this church will enjoy being on staff with friendly, caring people who believe in working together as a team. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who has a proven record of growing a thriving children’s ministry, has a passion to demonstrate the love of Jesus to children by example and stellar programs, is a pro at raising up loyal volunteers, believes in being a shepherd to staff and volunteers, and is driven to enable parents to be the primary disciplers of their children by engaging them and providing them with great resources.
With a treasure of diverse cultures, a progressive, outward thinking church that is dedicated to making disciples, and a great ministry that can only get better with the right person on board, this position offers myriad opportunities to serve thousands of the Lord’s cherished children.
- Oversee and coordinate Preschool (birth-5 years) and Children’s ministry (K-5th)
- Ensure that the children’s ministry provides dynamic and engaging worship experiences each week
- Transform children through servant/mission opportunities in their Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria
- Use creative methods to help kids discover and exercise their spiritual and natural gifts
- Equips kids to impact their world (school, home, sports)
- Provide support and resources to parents, gaining their support and enabling them to become the primary source of disciples to their children
- Plan events that create opportunities for deeper relationships with others, including fun
- Recognize, raise up, shepherd, and oversee adult volunteers
- Use the age development and growth process of children to ensure that appropriate age-graded materials are being used
- Use social media to inform people about and publicize the program and activities to the church and the community
- Administer the budget in the manner that produces the best use of funds
- Report to Pastor of Education
- A minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited College or University
- Strong experience in a large Children’s Ministry with demonstrable success in developing, building, and growing the ministry
- A heart’s desire to see the children, their friends, and families come to know Christ
- Possess a strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus
- Must have a heart, passion, and love for children and their families and be committed to including them as part of the ministry
- Be committed to values and vision of the church
- Recognize the benefits of long-term investment in children and their families
- Possess an earnest passion for children to be disciples
- Have an extensive knowledge of the age development and growth process of children, including the ability to select appropriate programming
- Very relational – enjoys engaging children and parents with different personalities, backgrounds, cultures, and at various places in their spiritual walk
- Desire to be a team player and contribute to the whole team – no siloed ministries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make efficient use of time
- Have good knowledge and ability to use current technology, including relevant software and social media
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.