POSITION TITLE: PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
LOCATION: MEMPHIS, TN
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 1200
MinisterSearch (www.MinisterSearch.com) is excited to present an opportunity for Family Pastor candidates at a super church that is invested in their children and families. This church, with a weekly attendance of about 1200 has a their vision to exalt the Living God through Worship, examine the Word of God through instruction, encourage the Family of God through fellowship, and extend the Love of God through Evangelism and Missions so that everyone who is touched by their ministries will have as their goal to be like Christ—in compassion and character.
Known for Bible teaching and missions – they brought Young Life and BSF to Memphis. The church is proud that their congregation has a very strong adoption culture, with many families who are blessed to have adopted children. With 400 babies, children, and youth under the care of this position, there is a great opportunity and responsibility to begin and further their mission to . . . produce faithful followers of Jesus Christ who love, worship, and serve Him . . . among the children and their families.
The man who will be right for this senior-level position must be conscientious, hardworking, and above all, have a passion for leading families and their children to an understanding of the love of Christ. This is a new position, so there is a lot of room for definition and success. Some of the requirements for this position include proven success in leading a large, successful, age-graded ministry—preferably with family ministry experience, creativity and skill in design/development, and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond the scenic parks, trails and waterways of Memphis is a city bustling with an urban flair, a wealth of talented musicians and singers across all genres, a revered musical past and present, true soul-fulfilling food and a history known throughout the world. And, for a relaxing day in the country, visit the smaller towns around Memphis where Civil War sites, farmers markets and town squares are celebrated.
A great city, a great church, and a great position–the man who will serve as this church’s Pastor of Family Ministries will have awesome opportunity to make a mighty impact on families and their children.
• Give proactive, visionary leadership to the development and oversight of the key ministries that target birth through adults with dependent children
• Oversee following Ministries: Nursery through Grade School; Youth (Middle and High School); and College — and their director(s)/coordinator(s) — approximately 10-12 FT/PT direct reports
• Coordinate and oversee goal setting, budgeting, program development and evaluation of ministries
• Lead in the development and implementation of ministries that will promote and develop the following in and through families:
o Christ-like moral character and concerns
o healthy, growing relationships
o sound doctrinal foundation
• Develop and implement ministries to provide support and instruction in family dynamics to adult classes and groups whose members have dependent children
• Develop a culture of volunteerism encouraging adults to invest their lives in the church’s children and youth
• Provide shepherding and pastoral care of the of staff and volunteers of Family Ministry
• Encourage, coordinate, and establish a family focus to various events by working with other staff members
• Report to Executive Pastor
• Four-year degree from an accredited University or College – some Bible College or Seminary preferred
• Experience leading a large, thriving age-graded Ministry, with Family Ministry experience preferable
• Possess a passion to shepherd and lead families to life and growth in Jesus Christ
• Experience creating and implementing a family focus to various events and ministries that help families develop healthy, growing relationships
• Organized, goal-oriented, accountable leader of leaders
• Relational person who has experience with and desires to minister to families
• Experience leading and guiding, but also shepherding and pastoring multiple staff and volunteers
• Expertise in developing and administering budget
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and would like to apply, please apply here.