POSITION TITLE: Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 800+
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a growing, Gospel centered, outreach-oriented, multi-ethnic, missional church of 800+ people Church is committed to bringing the message of Jesus Christ’s love to their community through the use of culturally relevant mediums.
When it comes to their core beliefs, they are committed to being a Bible-based evangelical church. They want kids to hear the Gospel, learn about the Word and its truths, while also having fun and enjoying their experience each week. To be successful in this position, you must be a strong leader who is a visionary and has the skills and persistence to develop and carry it through. You must not only have a passion for children to learn about Jesus in an inviting atmosphere but also provide opportunities for their parents to engage in worship with their children. The families must have resources that will assist them in being the primary disciple of their children.
Some of the parents have shared that “church is s-o-o-o nice;” “we are VERY excited about how nice the people are here; the programs are great; we love coming to church.” Parents feel safe leaving their kids each week – they trust the staff and volunteers with their precious children.
You will find distinctness among the church family in many areas – each distinctness bringing a blessing. However, there are three very important things that are common to all — a deep love for each other, a deep love for their community and their world, and – most importantly – a deep love for Jesus Christ. And, this is NOT a church that just talks about it; they are a church that DOES it!
Very family oriented, the church attracts many young marrieds with children – and they love it! Everyone is loved and valued; so, as well as young families, you will find 30-something singles, empty nesters, and octogenarian widowers. And, the distinctness extends from generational to ethnicity—almost 20 nations are represented, to economic – those trying to make ends meet to executives at large corporations. Add into the mix, varied religious backgrounds, life experiences, abilities, and disabilities; and you begin to get a feel for what a great microcosm of God’s people come together to worship each week.
With a Pastor whose staff and church family say leads by example, is a servant leader, and the ‘hardest worker here,’ as well as providing a family atmosphere, with a ‘get ‘r done’ Pennsylvania work ethic, you will have a unique opportunity as their Children’s Pastor to create your vision and the freedom to implement it!
- Lead, oversee, and coordinate all aspects of growing Children’s Ministry, birth through 5th grade
- Develop, communicate, and implement a comprehensive vision and direction for continuing a vibrant, thriving Ministry that seeks to minister to both children and their parents/guardians
- Create a high quality, dynamic, fun, Christ-glorifying and Bible-centered Children’s Ministry environment for all services
- Work with and equip parents, through a variety of opportunities, to help them and their children become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Provide consistent opportunities for parents/guardians to engage with their children in worship and learning
- Develop and implement strategy that incorporates for Teaching Team to assist in weekly teaching responsibilities and a Worship Team to provide worship opportunities
- Coordinate with Student Ministry Pastor (6th–12thgrade) to ensure seamless transition of children to Student Ministry
- Curriculum identification, procurement, approval and, if necessary, development
- Create, lead, and oversee community outreach events (e.g. Vacation Bible School, movie nights, etc.)
- Preserve biblical unity through biblical conflict resolution
- Oversee and administrate Children’s Ministry budget
- A. in Biblical Studies or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ full-time experience in a healthy, growing Children’s Ministry in a church of at least 500 in weekly attendance
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, leading, supervising, and retaining both volunteer and paid staff
- A growing passion for Jesus Christ and the Gospel and a life that exemplifies this passion
- Fully committed to the truths of God’s Word and the ability to clearly articulate those truths
- Demonstrated success in providing support and resources to families, as well as ensuring that they feel a part of the ministry
- Enthusiastically committed to the purpose of developing a diverse family of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Gifts of teaching and leadership, with a proven record of effectiveness in these areas
- Visionary who can strategize, communicate, and implement the vision
- Energetic self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can get things accomplished within a flexible environment
- A teachable, humble spirit, a strong leader who can admit errors and work to correct them
- Creative, forward thinker, and planner who is an organized multitasker
- Fun-loving, ultra-friendly, team player who can work well with other staff
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.