POSITION TITLE: Children’s Minister
LOCATION: Atlanta Metropolitan Area, GA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2400 / 600 Kids
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a church that has grown from 500 to 2400 in the past 5 years – and 600 kids! A lot of churches use the word ‘exploding’ to define their growth, but this church actually fits that word to a ‘t.’ And, they’ve already grown by 30% this year!
With contemporary worship and small group discipleship, the people here have a very simple vision, based on 3 verses from Matt.22: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Their goal for their children is for them to have fun and learn about Jesus at their level while building relationships that nurture and encourage growth in Christ. This position requires a very strong Leader who can continue to execute the church’s vision with the children — to love and grow in Jesus. The person who will be successful, among other attributes, have successful experience in a large, thriving Children’s Ministry, be organized, a great teacher/communicator, and a very relational team player.
Known for its hospitality, this Atlanta metropolitan area city, has many unique qualities, as well as a variety of recreational activities to keep you busy. There are museums and a fine arts theater to take in and historical landmarks to explore. If you prefer, there are fairways to hone your golfing skills on and local festivals and events to explore, just to name a few. With great schools and great people, as well as all the amenities you want, this is the complete package – and if you want to visit the ‘big city,’ Atlanta is just a quick drive.
- Oversee all Children’s Ministries Birth – 5th Grade to execute the church’s vision of loving Jesus and growing people
- Oversee, lead and manage all staff, paid and volunteer in the ministry
- Select and execute age-appropriate curriculum to teach the love and grow vision to the children
- Oversee childcare for all church events
- Troubleshoot problem areas and correct them as needed
- Develop measurable goals for all staff and volunteers
- Communicate vision and strategy for all of children’s ministry
- Oversee and manage the budget for all children’s ministries
- Raise up, develop, and coordinate ministry volunteers of Kid Volunteers
- Report to the Executive Pastor
- Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Demonstrable success in a large Children’s Ministry; multisite experience a bonus
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment
- Ability to teach and lead Biblical conversation/lessons in small and large groups
- Passion for the vision of the church and the desire to carry it out in the Children’s Ministry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills – of volunteers and paid staff
- Good interpersonal relationships, a team player, and supporter of church ministries
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records including church, staff, and members
- Excellent record of attendance
- Proficiency in computer skills, equipment, and software necessary to run kids’ ministry and use social media
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and would like to apply for this position, please click here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.