POSITION TITLE: Minister to Students (6th-12th)
LOCATION: Dallas-Ft. Worth Metro Area, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 650
An opportunity for Student Pastors at a fantastic, growing church that loves their students. This church, which is running more than 600 in weekly attendance, has a great mix of families with young children and teens, as well as drawing from a master planned community of 55+ year-old active seniors.
They have a thriving Student Ministry of close to 100 students—and one of their biggest ideals in the Ministry is making sure they are partnering with their parents. They not only want to teach, disciple, and love the kids, but they also want to empower the parents to raise their children to be Christ followers by providing them with encouragement and resources.
This is a mainline Protestant church that is conservative in theology and social ethics. Because it is a United Methodist Church, women as ordained clergy and infant baptism are embraced. The people who attend are from many different denominational backgrounds, as well as some from no faith background.
The senior pastor is a “missional” pastor and promotes servant-based mission and community service as the fruit of Christian discipleship. Getting adults to put their faith into action is important, and it is an integral part of the Student Ministry. The church is a mix of traditional and modern–it has two traditional services and a contemporary worship service, with plans to start a Saturday evening contemporary service in the next year. An affluent mix of people, you will see attenders wearing suits as well as flip flops and shorts.
The next Minister to Students will be a strong leader with a 4-year Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a successful, growing Student Ministry of at least 75 students. He must be an example of Christ’s love to the students and parents, living a life that exemplifies a strong and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, excited to disciple students and see them grow in their spiritual walk, as well as enjoy visiting students’ schools, extracurricular and community activities. An engaging speaker with a thorough knowledge of Scripture is required as is a very relational, outgoing personality—he must be able to meet kids and parents with different personalities and spiritual walks.
Having just opened a brand new 18,000 sq. ft. Youth and Children’s space, this regional church, which pulls from 5 different suburban areas, is devoted to their youth and children, as well as their parents. It is located in a great area that offers a suburban style of life—close access to everything—but with an open feel—houses on big lots—even acreage—if that’s what you desire. And, the school district is exemplary! This position is a great opportunity to serve at a church that believes in getting everybody connected to somebody else and then getting them to put their faith into action.
- Lead and oversee every aspect of Student Ministry for students in 6th through 12th grades
- Oversee the Associate Minister to Students and Student Ministry Interns
- Build up spiritual development and disciplines of students as Christ followers
- Develop ongoing relationships with all the kids by loving them with the love of Christ
- Develop methods of discipleship through both large- and small-group ministry programs (Orange is one of the curricula used), accountability groups, and mentoring students
- Encourage, support, and nurture the needs of the parents of student ministry
- Support students’ extracurricular and community activities
- Lead a comprehensive outreach effort to promote the church in the surrounding communities
- Recognize, recruit, train, and nurture adult volunteers
- Oversee the Confirmation program for 7th grade students
- Plan, lead, and oversee various mission work throughout the year including mission trips that are focused on serving
- Teach and encourage students to discover their gifts and potential for service and leadership
- Work closely with Kids’ Ministry to insure cohesiveness between both ministries
- Oversee and administer the Student Ministry budget
- 4-Year Degree from an accredited College or University
- A minimum of 3 years’ full-time student ministry experience with at least 75 student
- Spiritually disciplined and living a life that demonstrates a vital, personal relationship with Christ
- Does not have to be Methodist but must be open to United Methodist policy and theology in a church that is conservative in theology and social ethics
- Have an excellent knowledge of Scripture and use it in teaching and discipling
- Very relational — loves and accepts kids and parents with differing opinions and ideas, from different backgrounds, and at different places in their spiritual walks
- Desire to get to really know kids and their heart; loves being out in the community and attending kids’ school and community activities
- Excel in building relationship with youth as well as their families
- An engaging speaker who interacts with kids in their language
- Possess empathy, transparency, not afraid to share with kids
- Spend time with smaller groups of kids; raise up other leaders to get together with kids, also
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.