POSITION TITLE – MINISTER TO CHILDREN
LOCATION – EAST OF DALLAS, TX
SALARY RANGE – COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
DENOMINATION – BAPTIST
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE – 1100
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for Children’s Minister candidates at a super, growing church in that is focused on community and missional living.
This church, which has approximately 1100 worshippers each weekend, wants to be the church that is known for how they serve–their life groups ministries is their biggest “arm.” Missional living is very important to them. They desire to be an Authentic Biblical Community that transforms their city and impacts the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are a church for the city not a church in the city. And the church believes that this is the responsibility of the WHOLE church, not just the adult ministry – the kids will participate, too.
In addition to having a strong core of members, this church has a friendly, family atmosphere and the Children’s Ministry is poised to go to the next level with the right Minister to Children in place. As for the location, with 81,000+ people, and about 1 /12 hours east of Dallas, this city is full of friendly folks– a smaller city that is very BIG on service!
That’s the nature of Real East Texas Living. Take a deeper look at the city, and you’ll discover the beautiful piney woods. But, you will also find a city filled with friendly people who’ll welcome you, help you connect to fun and relaxation, and make you feel at home. They have lots of pines—that’s where the ‘East Texas Piney Woods’ name comes from–but their oaks, maples, sweet gum, honey locust and red cedar provide a beautiful springtime through summer. Their rolling hills are a favorite for travelers of all kinds, whether they ride two, three or four wheels, on the road or off. You can find the occasional cowboy on a horse, but you’re much more likely to come across an angler in a boat on one of the beautiful lakes or an executive on a “hog.”
Festivals are a favorite attraction with the Outdoor Expo kicking off the year each January, Party in the Pines Motorcycle Rally on Memorial Day weekend followed by May’s celebration of the arts and the city heritage, AlleyFest, and the world-class Great Texas Balloon Race–just to name a few of the special events they have every year.
Additionally, the area has four prominent area lakes that provide outdoor fun all year–Lake O’ The Pines, is a popular recreation, fishing and camping lake and covers more than 18,000 acres and is 18 miles long.
Here you will find the best of peaceful, smaller-city living, with an historic downtown district in a contemporary city that offers everything you need or want. And, if you’re in the mood for the really big city, it’s close to Dallas and, for all the shopping you could every want, only an hour from Canton, the oldest and biggest outdoor shopping market in the United States.
This is a great church in a great city with great people–they have a modern approach to ministry and do not believe in micromanaging their staff. So, for the go-getter Children’s Minister who wants to come in and make a difference in precious children’s lives, this is an ideal opportunity for you and your family.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
- The Minister to Children will program the weekly teaching and discipleship elements for 1st-4th grade children
- Prepare for 3 weekend services and a mid-week kids’ service
- Focus on continuing and further improving a safe environment that is fun, relational, and creative so that kids begin and/or grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Ensure that biblical, creative, relational and engaging curriculum and resources are provided to teachers
- Recruit, train, equip, and lead the volunteer leadership
- Meet and regularly update children’s parents and families
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors and church staff through relationship building
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Reports to Spiritual Development Pastor
- Minimum of a 4-year degree from accredited University or College required
- Minimum of 3 years’ current experience on Children’s Ministry staff of a church of at least 500 attendance, with demonstrable success in growing the program
- Possess a real love for children and their families and a desire to involve parents
- Ability to make the weekend children’s service be engaging and exciting
- Ability to recruit, train, mentor, and encourage volunteers
- Excellent work ethic—a self-starter who can work independently and with others
- Must be a strong and relational leader—of both adults and children
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Must be very energetic–able to not only direct the kids’ activities, but also be able to participate in them
- A leader of adults and children with great communication skills
- A relational person who can effectively work with various personalities
- Ability to create an atmosphere of learning that children want to be a part of
- Someone who has a desire to know and involve the parents/families of the children
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and would like to apply, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.