POSITION TITLE: Lead Pastor
LOCATION: Rockford Area, IL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: NonDenominational, Spirit-Filled
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2000, multi-site
An opportunity for Lead/Sr. Pastor candidates at this Spirit-filled, multi-site church of approximately 2000. This church has already planted several additional campuses and has the Kingdom vision to continue that and transforming rural communities for the cause of Christ.
This position requires a visionary servant-leader who is gifted in nurturing healthy relationships, experienced in multi-site ministry, sees the big picture and can effectively communicate the vision God has placed within your heart. The church is committed to seeing souls transformed by the love of Christ, excited about mission outreach, from local community to transcontinental, and global.
A minimum of 10 years’ ministry experience is required, with at least 5 years as a Lead Pastor at a church of at least 1500 in weekly attendance, as well as experience with a multi-site church. The right candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree; a Master’s Degree from an accredited Christian college/university is preferred.
The church is located in the Rockford area of Illinois. This region offers the best of both worlds: the feel of small-town rural but close to several of the Midwest’s largest cities–providing people with myriad options for culture and leisure activities. This is one of those places in America where people know and care about their neighbors, there is affordable housing, and below-the-national-average cost of living.
The main campus is just a short 45-minute drive from Rockford IL and two hours from Chicago, Illinois, or Madison, Wisconsin. Within a short driving distance, you have access to shopping opportunities, museums, theaters and concert venues, professional sporting events, plus a wide variety of restaurant options.
The area boasts beautiful parks, golf courses, and extensive bike, ATV and snowmobile trails. Lakes and rivers provide opportunity for fishing and water sports. Local festivals and school sporting events play an important part of the culture and provide another great opportunity for fellowship and outreach.
If you enjoy quiet living among friendly, caring, good people, are a strong leader and mentor who has a heart for raising up leaders and believes in transforming rural communities for the cause of Christ, this could be the next position that God has for you!
- Set sermon series and serve as the primary teacher of the Word of God at the Weekend Worship Services.
- Teach and exhort by precept and example with the goal of presenting God’s truth as relevant and insightful, to both prepare the way for unbelievers to come into the family of God and to bring maturity to believers through insightful and accurate presentation and proclamation of the Word.
- Stress both the understanding and application of God’s truth and shepherd and lead the congregation to the fulfillment of God’s purpose for their lives, thereby guiding the church’s vision.
- Primary communicator – responsible for making sure communication is correctly reaching all campuses
- Cast, communicate, and implement a clear vision, continually updating congregants.
- Practice a daily time of meditation and prayer, including seasons of fasting and waiting on God for direction.
- Insure that the financial strength of the church is directed toward carrying out the vision.
- Provide Biblical vision and direction for the congregation by defining and communicating the church’s purpose.
- Recognize and enlist apostolic, prophetic, evangelistic, pastoral and teaching ministries, along with Elders, Central Support Staff and additional staff members as he deems biblical and necessary for the healthy spiritual development of the church.
- Work with leaders to serve the spiritual needs of the church in whatever way he determines is biblical.
- Budget monies, hire staff, develop projects, and create small groups, events, or other ministries according to convictions and biblical understanding.
- Give input to all church staff appointments and terminations.
- Offer general oversight to activities of the church that involve the entire fellowship and that are outreach in nature.
- Provide input and oversight to the development and deployment of the policies for the church staff and church overall.
- Provide mentorship in the on-going development of staff, elders, Campus Pastors and ministry leaders.
- Appoint operational councils and task teams, with the advice and consent of the Elder Council, to serve in expediting the ministry of the church.
- Foster an on-going relationship with spiritually mature accountability partners.
- Conduct and lead regular meetings with staff of all sites.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree from an accredited Christian college/university is preferred.
- Greater consideration will be given to a candidate who has: 10+ years of pastoral experience, with at least 5 years as Lead Pastor at a church of 1000 or more in attendance that has produced fruit in growth – both spiritual and numerical.
- Experience in a multisite church environment.
- Experience that compliments the Kingdom vision of planting churches and transforming rural communities for the cause of Christ; proven experience working/developing leaders within the structure of the multi-site model.
- Excellent preaching and communication style that reveals a healthy balance between expository and topical; speaks the Truth with knowledge of the Word that flows naturally within the practice of teaching, preaching or counseling.
- Excellent understanding of collaborating Spirit-led worship and the absolute need for biblical relevance; good communication needed to support a dynamic worship experience.
- Ability to model and nurture in others an intimate, passionate relationship with God that is demonstrated through ongoing corporate times of worship & prayer; demonstrated commitment to providing spiritual leadership and shepherding to the body of believers in a local church ministry
- Visionary leader who is a mentor with proven experience raising up and developing leaders.
- Proven demonstration in ministry of the gifts of the Spirit as well as the fruit of the Spirit.
- Mature, Godly leader who meets and exemplifies all the Biblical qualifications of an elder
- Dedicated disciple whose life is characterized by a consistent, daily prayer life, a discipline of meditation and study of God’s Word. Models care and compassion for the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the Body of Christ.
- Ability to also function as CEO to insure that the financial strength of the corporation is directed toward carrying out the vision.
- Visionary leader who desires to be a mentor, as well as organizational skills with the capacity to grow and change as the church grows and needs relevant change.
- Sincere empathy, born out of testing and victory in your own life.
- Ability to model and nurture in others an intimate, passionate relationship with God that is demonstrated through ongoing corporate times of worship and prayer.
- Gifted and experienced in bringing a Spirit-inspired unity to a congregatio
n with diverse backgrounds, races and cultures.
- Ability to provide visionary, strategic and collaborative, but decisive, leadership for the life and ministry of the church, bringing discernment and focus to priorities that support efforts in discipleship and evangelism.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and would like to apply, please apply here.