POSITION TITLE: Family Pastor (Nursery/PreSchool,Children,MS&HS)
LOCATION: Central Valley of California
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2500
MinisterSearch is excited to present a great opportunity for a dynamic Family Pastor to supervise the ministry leadership (4 staff positions) of the Nursery/PreSchool, Children’s, Middle School, and High School ministries. This church loves children, students, and their families. They run approximately 2500 in weekly attendance, and these family ministries are large and thriving. So, their Family Pastor must be someone who has the experience, talents, and management skills to be a Leader of Leaders – someone who has had success that demonstrates exceptional ability to captain these already thriving ministries.
The leadership of this church is healthy, strong, and stable; and the church’s heart continues to be the church family who joyfully give their prayers, time, talents, and resources for the work of the ministries. The successful candidate will not only be an acknowledged Leader who has experience overseeing multiple staff, but will also have excellent administrative and organizational skills, be a visionary/developer, and exceptionally relational.
This church is externally focused–they serve not only in their church but also in their community and beyond. Their mission can be summed up by the greatest two commandments according to Jesus: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” They are a very authentic church where the unchurched/dechurched feel just as welcome as mature Christians.
The Central Valley is a beautiful area of California, and the church is located in a large community that is very family friendly and has a small town, more conservative feel. The cost of living is low, and the schools in the area are rated very highly. There are many young families, and with them have come youth sports leagues, beautiful shopping areas, and many family friendly activities and sites. And, in two hours or less, you can be in the mountains, at the beach, or in Los Angeles.
This position offers a great opportunity for an experienced, strong leader to serve the Lord and raise a family in a warm, welcoming church and community.
- Provide effective supervisory oversight of the Ministry Leadership of Nursery/PreSchool, Middle School, and High School
- Provide effective outreach and ministry to children, students, and families in the church and the community
- Evaluate and ensure the implementation of all planned programs for Ministries, ensuring effective Bible teaching and application so that children begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Articulate vision for Ministries that is in alignment with overall vision of the church
- Continue to ensure and improve a quality, safe environment that is fun, relational, and creative
- Provide quality care of children/students to include ensuring the child/volunteer protection process adheres to current safety guidelines
- Partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of their children and to foster their enthusiastic support of the ministry, equipping parents and families to effectively minister to their children
- Administer annual budget and make financial decisions for each Ministry
- Ensure that biblical, creative, relational and fun curriculum and resources are provided to teachers
- Train, lead, mentor, and equip staff and volunteers
- Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to staff and volunteers
- Oversee and encourage the professional and personal development of Family Ministry staff
- Oversee special events programming including Bible Camp, Summer Camp, Christmas Program, etc.
- Communicate and work with pastoral staff on church-wide ministry opportunities and needs
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors and church staff through relationship building
- Participate in child dedications and other pastoral duties as assigned
- Attend and participate in all scheduled staff meetings and events
- Report to the Lead Pastor
- Experience in a leadership position with staff oversight in related ministry in a large church
- Proven success in leading and growing a relevant Ministry
- Minimum of a 4-year Degree from an accredited University or College; Major in Biblical Studies and/or Children’s/Student Ministry is preferred
- The love of Christ for children, students, and their parents
- Strong desire to minister to children, students and their parents, not only in the church but also in the community
- A leader of leaders – a track record of successfully raising up and overseeing and developing staff, teams and leaders (volunteer and paid)
- Can cast vision, share it with staff, leaders, teams, and help them stay encouraged for the long haul
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills
- A team player and a team builder who is relational and known for being engaging in varied situations
- Energetic, self-starter, who is structured and focused, but flexible
- Can successfully multi-task in a busy environment without becoming overwhelmed; recognizes when, what, and to whom to delegate
- Must be confident, but teachable, coachable, with a servant’s heart
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this position, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.