POSITION TITLE: Executive Pastor
LOCATION: Great Houston Suburb
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 1800
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for Executive Pastor candidates at a growing church in a great suburb of Houston, Texas.
The church is committed to engaging the community, reaching the lost, and multiplying disciples. They are a gospel-centered family of people who have been transformed by the truth of Jesus and are seeking to hear from and obey Him. They desire to provide every single person in the area with the opportunity to know the gospel of Jesus Christ, help them grow in their application of the gospel to their lives, and then to go out and share that same opportunity with others. As a result of this commitment to really caring about everyone else, the church has grown tremendously and has continued on that same growth path this year.
The XP will have demanding responsibilities in the areas of Management/Leadership and the Administrative and Human Resource Development, including significant involvement with the Elders and Committees (Budget, Personnel). And the successful candidate must be organized, assertive, have excellent strategic and management leadership, and be very relational and truly enjoy learning about and getting to know people of all different personalities.
This is a great opportunity in a thriving church with a supportive, family-like staff and an excellent suburban location that offers great schools, all the amenities you could ever want, together with very friendly people, and a low cost of living.
- Serving as the Senior Pastor’s ‘right hand person,’ provide oversight for all ministries of the church, freeing up the Senior Pastor to pursue his calling and passion.
- Provide input for interpretation and implementation of vision cast by Senior Pastor.
- Create, implement, and maintain systems, processes, and best practices in the areas of strategic planning, financial protocols, human resources, building maintenance, and construction as a key leader among staff.
- Lead, supervise, encourage, and shepherd the church staff to help them accomplish the vision and mission of the church, as well as their individual and specific ministries
- Assist the staff in developing new ministry programs that are responsive to the church needs and growth.
- The individual will be the “face” of the Church staff to the Congregation and evaluate their evolving needs.
- Ensure that staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned.
- Oversee the preparation of annual ministry plans by the functional pastors and ministry heads.
- Encourage and ensure that appropriate resourcing of initiatives is applied.
- Oversee training and development for the pastoral staff.
- Oversee the hiring and evaluation process of staff.
- Provide leadership to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of their annual ministry plans.
- Conduct direct face-to-face status updates with each senior staff member bi-weekly.
- Serve as church’s intentional agent of unity across all staff, ministries, and functions.
- Administration of the financial functions of the church, including: cash flow, annual budget preparation, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, leases, budget planning and oversight.
- Perform Human Resource Management issues, to include conduct and document performance evaluations and on-going informal performance feedback. Oversee the negotiation of insurance and other benefits, etc.
- Maintenance and operation of computer, information, and communication systems.
- Development of, documentation of, and adherence to church policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure effective staffing and functioning of all other administrative and building support functions.
- Serve as primary liaison/conduit between Senior Pastor, staff and various ministries to Elders, including attending regular meetings, communicating their vision to staff, establishing and maintaining informal contacts, ensuring administrative details are covered, etc.
- Coordinate and lead weekly staff meetings and other activities designed to clarify and execute goals, objectives, and programs, ensuring all levels of staff are informed and equipped.
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University; graduate degree in management and/or ministry is preferred.
- Ten years of successful leadership, progressive management experience and responsibilities in pastoral/corporate.
- A mature Christian who exhibits a consistency of strong character and high integrity.
- Fully understand and passionate about leading from the ‘second chair’ with the many opportunities that it affords; completely loyal to and serve as a trusted confidant of the Senior Pastor with a high degree of dedication to minister in the church through this position.
- Understand and embrace the gifts and vision of the Senior Pastor; complement the Senior Pastor, assisting him where there are needs and weaknesses, realizing that partnership must be at the center of this relationship.
- The individual will be responsible for the ongoing development and execution of the Communication strategy and flow of information throughout the Church. This will include classic communication techniques as well as social media as appropriate.
- An understanding of budget, financial, and fiscal management as well as human resource management; extensive pastoral or life experience, with particular experience in leadership development, team building, delegation and organization/administration; a high level of motivation and personal accountability; a team player; and a high energy level and a readiness to take on this significant challenge.
- Strong organization skills, excellent strategic and management leadership
- Assertive, including, after appropriate input and research, the ability to make conclusive, sometimes difficult decisions
- Demonstrated history of strong, positive interpersonal and communication skills, including positive experience in conflict
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.