POSITION TITLE: Children’s/Family Pastor
LOCATION: Orange County, NY
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2500 — Multiple locations
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in Orange County, NY, that has four campuses, for a Children’s/Family Pastor. The original campus, where this Pastor will be located, is geographically central to the population majority in Orange County. This is a new position that is being created to minister to children, parents, and marriages at the church, cross-campus. Each campus has its own staff and location, but the programs are unified—the same worship, same message, same vision and values. Because the campuses are in different locations of the county, however, the personality of each may be a little different.
They are very serious about the mission and vision that they were founded on: to reach Orange County and beyond for Christ. . . . Their goal is that everyone will feel welcomed, loved, and connected. You will find the Truth preached in love here—and the hope is that people will leave saying not “what a great church,” but rather “what a great God; what a great Savior.”
The right person to serve as the Children’s/Families Pastor for this multi-campus church must be conscientious, hardworking, and above all, have a passion for leading families and their children to an understanding of the love of Christ. Since this is a new position, there is a lot of room for definition and success. Some of the requirements for this position include proven success on staff of a large, successful, children’s ministry — family ministry experience is a plus — strong leadership skills, and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
Although the Children’s/Families Pastor’s responsibilities will be cross-campus, the campus where the Children’s/Families Pastor will be located has many commuters who work in NYC. It is also a major magnet for Christians in the West Point community. They have hundreds of officers, families, and West Point cadets who faithfully drive 40 minutes to worship at the campus. The congregation is very diverse, not only ethnically, but also spiritually.
Orange County, the home to all four of the campuses, is filled with historic cities and is a part of the Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown Metro area. It is known for charming bedroom communities with subdivisions housing young growing families. This area offers the best of lovely suburban living and all the amenities you want. And, if you desire to visit bustling Manhattan and all it offers, it is just a short drive or train ride away.
- To minister to children, parents, and marriages at the church, cross-campus
- Work on all the campuses to ensure that the vision and mission of the church is being carried out
- Will have central responsibilities over the Children’s ministry on all campuses
- Serve as lead visionary and guide in the development of a comprehensive strategy that is contextual to the needs of the community and aligns with the vision and mission of the church
- Supervise, train, mentor, and advise the Children’s Pastors, leaders, and volunteers at all campuses
- Create a culture where parents own discipleship for their children
- Lead in visioning, researching, planning, and implementing opportunities to equip parents to become spiritual leaders
- Support, encourage, and educate parents to be the primary source of Christian education for their families
- Coordinate and oversee goal setting, budgeting, program development and evaluation of ministries
- Engage in public relations and promotion of the family ministry to Orange County
- Provide support and resources for families on issues concerning parenting, children, youth, and family life
- Minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited College or University
- Staff experience in running a strong, thriving Children’s/Family Ministry
- Lifestyle that demonstrates committed Christian character and fosters an exemplary reputation and example of a positive role model leading and teaching parents
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the church… “Reaching Orange County and beyond for Christ. . . .”
- Strong, experienced leader with strong team building and development skills
- Experience mentoring and equipping parents in discipling their children
- Experience leading and guiding, but also shepherding and pastoring multiple staff and volunteers
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Very relational personality with the desire to really know the staff, children, and families.
- A visionary who can not only make a great plan but who can also implement it
- Excellent administrative, planning, and management skills
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.