POSITION TITLE: Children’s Pastor (4 campuses)
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600 (All Campuses)
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in Tampa that currently has several campuses and is adding another one in 2015.
They currently have a position for a Children’s Pastor to lead the Children’s Ministry at their original Campus, oversee the Children’s Directors at the other Campuses, and ensure a unified vision to the Children’s Ministry at all four campuses. This church, which is running about 2600 total, has as their vision to continue launching strategic campuses throughout the Tampa area. They believe in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus. The person who will be their global Children’s Pastor must have a passion for children to learn about the love of Jesus — and want them to be excited to attend church every Sunday! Other qualities include a successful history of leading and shepherding staff and volunteers, strong organizational, planning, and communication skills, as well as an outgoing, relatable personality — someone who enjoys meeting parents, families, and leaders in the community to foster their enthusiasm and support for the Children’s Ministry across all the Campuses.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, Tampa provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family.
- Bring a unified vision to all aspects of the Children’s Ministry, ages Birth through 5th Grade, across all Campuses
- Lead, direct, mentor, and shepherd the individual Campus Children’s Directors
- Oversee, providing guidance and support to, all aspects of the Children’s Ministry
- Drive the growth of the Children’s Ministry, meeting regularly with Children’s Ministry Directors across all Campuses
- Serve on the Church’s Executive Team
- Lead the Ministry in accomplishing the goals and action plans established
- Choose, develop, and prepare age-appropriate programming that is transferable to all campuses
- Lead regular evaluations to monitor the impact and excellence of service programming
- Ensure that the facilities of the Children’s Ministry reflect the excellence level of the church
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers on your Campus
- Build relationships with high level leaders who will invest their lives into the lives of children birth – 5th grades
- Establish a strong presence and support for families in the community
- Create excellent and passionate environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, encourage spiritual growth, and effectively connecting with children
- Lead weekly meetings to plan and coordinate music, video, technical, and creative elements to be used in service programming
- Stay current with kid’s culture trends to effectively connect children with the gospel.
- Develop and document Child Safety Systems to include but not limited to, well-staffed and consistent check in/out procedures, background checks on all volunteers/staff prior to serving, proper age-appropriate/child safe rooms, CPR training for volunteers/staff, and parent notification system
- Establish and implement an effective follow-up strategy that provides care to children who have been absent, have birthdays, in a family crisis, etc.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Baby Dedications, baptisms, family Christmas activities, etc.
- Monitor and report weekly statistics to direct supervisor
- Oversee and manage the Children’s Ministry budget
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents and be a voice of the vision of the church
- Ensure volunteers feel trained, cared for, well-equipped, and appreciated by church.
- Document and submit all established ministry systems and policies
- Build strong relationships with the administration at the local elementary schools, city sports recreation organizations and parents
- Minimum of 3 years’ strong leadership experience with staff oversight in a large, healthy Children’s Ministry at a thriving church; multi-campus experience a plus
- 4-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Possess the love of Jesus for babies and children and be a strong example of a mature Christ follower in their lives
- Ability to relate and interact with parents to achieve their full support and enthusiasm about the ministry
- Be able to create an atmosphere of love, acceptance, and teaching such that children are excited to come to church each week
- A proven track record of working with developing, training, and shepherding staff, teams, and leaders
- Possess the ability to relate well to children, staff, volunteers, and parents
- High energy person who can multi-task and is flexible
- Be a self-starter-—someone who is self-motivated and can keeps working until the job done
- Very relational – strong presence among the children, parents, and within the community
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- A team player – someone who works well with a team-minded staff and does whatever is needed for the team
- Ability to recognize, train, lead, and mentor volunteers
- Ability to follow through with plans and assignments
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current social media to promote the ministry
- Above all, the main focus must always be to honor God with the precious resources He has given us
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.