POSITION TITLE: Children’s Ministry Associate
LOCATION: Great Suburb of Houston, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2700+ (2 campuses)
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for a Children’s Ministry Associate who will be in charge of the volunteers at one of the campuses of this church of more than 2700 and growing. With 750 children, birth-5th grade at this campus, this is an awesome opportunity for someone to have a huge impact on adults and children. This position will entail overseeing every aspect of the large number of volunteers that work with the children each week and for special events. Listed as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest growing churches year in and year out, this is a great opportunity for someone who has experience working with children and the capability to move up to the next level.
This church is vested in their children and their parents. And, they are all about volunteers – they love and support their volunteers! Organized around five purposes that include ministry and evangelism, as well as fellowship, the staff works hard to accomplish their calling, but they also are friends and have a lot of fun together! The Children’s team strives for excellence, is very driven, loves working as a team, having fun with each other, and realizes how important family and friends are. It is a great, supportive environment for someone who loves children and wants to do everything they can to ensure that these precious kids grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus each time they are in church.
This is a great position in a great part of the west Houston area that offers the right person a seldom-found opportunity to learn and be mentored by successful people. Intern experience will be considered.
- Lead in recruiting, coordinating, and training of volunteers for and during all weekend services and special events.
- Recruit and assimilate all new volunteers for the weekend services and special events.
- Identify potential volunteers through avenues such as membership class, new comer’s lunch or through regular attendees’ reports.
- Assist the Children’s Pastor in recruiting and training volunteers for specific duties for special events.
- Have potential volunteers complete all needed paperwork for Volunteer Assimilation.
- Complete and review background screenings on all potential volunteers prior to the first time of service.
- Recruit, train, lead, and evaluate the coaching structure for weekend services.
- Schedule all Volunteer trainings at the beginning of each year for the entire year.
- Assign volunteers to a rotation team based off of commitment level, area of interest and skill set.
- Ensure that new volunteers have up-to-date, necessary training, materials and information
- Keep up-to-date rosters of contact information for all volunteers.
- Schedule, organize and facilitate all volunteer training.
- Communicate with Operations Director to make sure all weekend service training playbooks are up to date and in concordance with classroom procedures.
- Participate in Children’s Small Group as a Small Group Leader
- Perform any other duties as required by the Children’s Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University.
- Experience working in a large Children’s Ministry (Intern experience will be considered)
- A life that exhibits a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the ministry and vision of the Children’s Ministry.
- Possess the love of Jesus for children and their parents.
- Have the desire and skills to encourage, support and nurture the needs of the children and their parents.
- Possess excellent people skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- A self-starter who can get the assignment and then get it done.
- A team player who thrives in an atmosphere of ‘work hard,’ and ‘play hard’ with the team.
- Must be knowledgeable of “Orange” Curriculum.
- Flexibility to periodically work overtime for special events/needs.
- Participate as an active member of the church.
- Must align with the personnel manual of the church.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.