POSITION TITLE: Campus Student Pastor
LOCATION: Houston Suburb, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2700 (2 Campuses)
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a church in a great suburb of Houston, Texas, for a Student Pastor at one of their campuses. They have two campuses currently, with plans to continue opening additional campuses.
With great schools and a growing very nice suburban area that is a big draw to families, this is an awesome opportunity for someone to have a huge impact on students and their families. Listed as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest growing churches year in and year out, this position is perfect for someone who has experience working with students and the leadership skills to move up to the next level.
This church loves their students, and they believe very much in reaching the lost at any cost and growing them into maturity. Organized around five purposes that include ministry and evangelism, as well as fellowship, the staff works hard to accomplish their calling, but they also are friends and have a lot of fun together!
The entire team strives for excellence, is very driven, loves working as a team, having fun with each other, and realizes how important family and friends are. It is a great, supportive environment for someone who loves students and wants to do everything they can to ensure that these kids grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus each time they are in church.
Being in a great community with a highly rated school system, most of the people in the area are doing well economically. However, many of them are unchurched or dechurched. Being involved with the parents is critical – trying to help them understand that success for them and their children is not great grades, the college, the job, the house, etc.; but the definition of true success is aligning with Jesus’ goals. And it’s fantastic — each time – seeing students, and then their entire family, transition to become servants of Jesus.
- Lead middle Student Ministry (6th – 12th grade classes) on Sunday and during the week at the assigned Campus
- Develop, recruit, train and lead a coaching structure for weekend services for all Student programming
- Oversee the sign-up phase of all Student Small Groups on assigned Campus
- Oversee development of a Student Ministry Worship Team
- Lead the Student Leadership Team through weekly bible studies, vision casting, and service projects
- Recruit, train, empower, and grow volunteer ministry teams for all Sunday services and Student Small Groups
- Interact with students at schools, including visiting campuses and attending extracurricular activities of all types, etc.
- Purchase, ensure preparation of, and distribute all needed supplies for weekly lessons/games for 6th–12th grade classes in a timely manner
- Purchase, ensure preparation of, and distribute all needed supplies for Small Groups for 6th–12th grade classes in a timely manner
- Plan, schedule, and recruit leaders for specials events, including camps, retreats, fun trips, etc.
- Administer all financial procedures and budgets pertaining to the assigned Campus Student Ministry department
- Complete all administrative responsibilities of the Student Ministry in timely manner
- Create and maintain an evaluation system for evaluating the health of the entire Student Ministry
- Four-year degree from an accredited University or College
- Experience working in a successful student ministry – years of experience not as important as strong leadership skills and proven success in additional qualifications
- Mature Christ-follower with the highest integrity and character
- Fulfills the Biblical requirements in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9
- Strong commitment to the vision and mission of the church
- Knowledge of God’s Word with ability to present relevant, age-appropriate lessons
- Great rapport with youth, loves to be in the mix with them, but is able to maintain respect as a leader
- Strong leader, but also someone with humility, who has a whatever is needed/whatever it takes attitude
- A team player and thinker; a contributor to the whole church
- A self-starter, multi-tasker who is driven to complete the job(s) at hand and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
- Proficiency with web-based software and use of social media to promote the Student Ministry
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this position, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.