POSITION TITLE: Campus Pastor
LOCATION: Orange County, New York
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2500, 4 Campuses
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great multi-campus church in Orange County, New York. They are searching for a Campus Pastor for one of their 4 campuses. Each campus has its own staff, a permanent location, and the programs are unified—the same worship, same message, same vision and values. Because the campuses are in different locations of the county, however, the personality of each may be a little different.
They are very serious about the mission and vision that they were founded on: to reach Orange County and beyond for Christ. . . . Their goal is that everyone will feel welcomed, loved, and connected. You will find the Truth preached in love here—and the hope is that people will leave saying not “what a great church,” but rather “what a great God; what a great Savior.”
The mission to see weekend worship powerfully uniting and influencing the weekly life and ministries of the church is critical and that goes right along with a church where Christ is the center of marriages and families. They see the people and ministries extending the healing power of Jesus for strength, support and reconciliation in homes.
The Campus Pastor must be an exceptionally strong leader, who can act as a Pastor and an Administrator and deliver results. This position requires a love for people of all backgrounds and walks as well as someone who has an excellent history of building ministries, executing decisions, and implementing strategies. In addition, the Campus Pastor will be a champion of the church’s mission and vision.
Orange County is filled with historic cities and is a part of the Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown Metro area. It is known for charming bedroom communities with subdivisions housing young growing families. This area offers the best of lovely suburban living and all the amenities you want. And, if you desire to visit bustling Manhattan and all it offers, it is just a short drive or train ride away.
- Serve as the lead site pastor over the specific location designated
- Provide leadership, ministry, oversight, and accountability for the campus’s facilities, congregants, staff and volunteers
- Implement tactical directives of the Executive Pastor in unison with the vision of the church The Campus Pastor also
- Champion and propel the mission, vision, values, and strategy of the church continuously
- Keep in close contact with Executive Pastor, seeking at all times to promptly execute directives and direction laid out by the Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor
- Lead the way in facilitating spiritual care, counseling, life events and discipleship of campus congregants
- Foster constant communication, collaboration and teamwork with his fellow Campus Pastors
- Interface regularly with church ministry partners for support, training and consultation to keep campus staff running with excellence and expertise
- Lead, pastor, and develop the deacons at the campus
- Serve in significant church-wide role(s), as needed, to lead out in ministry and/or operational efforts
- Report to the Executive Pastor
- A four-year degree from an accredited College or University
- Full-time experience in a leadership role at a large church, with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress
- A consistent and deepening walk with the Lord and passionate about the Great Commission
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the church
- Supportive and championing of both the doctrine of the church, as well as the practices, teaching, and decisions of her leadership
- Lifestyle that demonstrates committed Christian character and fosters an exemplary reputation
- Mature character that is open, transparent, authentic, and honest
- A Leader of Leaders — develops talent and leads people through building them, causing them and others to follow because they know they will become better leaders
- Approachable, good listener, very discreet, and genuine
- Embraces necessary confrontation while also a peacemaker
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, especially in various processes, articulating organizational or planning shifts, and guiding improvement
- Values a balanced ministry/personal life, practicing biblical care of himself, his marriage, and his family
- Keen sensitivity to people and ministry dynamics
- Excellent relational skills, including the ability to speak as an administrator and a pastor, provide caring interaction with staff, volunteers, and attenders, and thrive as a team player
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply here.