POSITION TITLE: Campus Pastor
LOCATION: O’ahu, Hawaii
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 1600
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great, growing church on the island of O’ahu, Hawaii. They are a multi-site church and are looking for a strong leader to assist in launching and leading a new campus as the Campus Pastor. This church is a plant from another church in Hawaii that is considered one of the most innovative churches in America. So, this is an opportunity to be a part of an awesome church that is forward-thinking and dynamic.
When you ask them what kind of church God wants them to be, their reply is: we will become a model for reaching people through loving relationships in relevant, innovative environments that produce Christ-like disciples. The team environment here is real, with a lot of humility. The leadership is goodhearted, purposeful, and intentional.
This position would involve several months of planning, executing, and then launching and leading this new Campus. They already have several hundred people committed to attend and support the new Campus. The church is financially healthy and has funds committed to staff the new Campus.
Hawaii has a very family oriented, people oriented culture. The people trust each other and befriend one another quickly. This is especially true with this region of the island. There is typically much “aloha” among the people – they are loving and awesome. However, although Hawaii is a ‘paradise’ to visit and vacation, the candidate who will be successful in this position will need some additional specific qualities and qualifications.
There are unique challenges with regard to the ethnic multicultural differences. Hawaii is a melting pot of local cultures. In short, Hawaii is very different than the mainland. You must be very relational, willing to do all you can to bond with the people and demonstrate your love and concern for them. You will have their loyalty, love, and support if you are a true servant.
- Responsible for launching and leading a new church campus location which shows video teaching from the broadcast campus
- Helping to start and lead a new portable campus
- Leading the site’s services and leadership team
- Ensuring that the Campus is in full alignment with the vision, strategies and values of church
- Managing, organizing and growing all aspects of the campus, including weekend services, small groups, budgets, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Teaching and leading in small, medium and large group settings
- Shepherding leaders and mentoring individuals to become leaders
- Performing other pastoral care responsibilities – weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications and coaching/mentoring
- Assisting in leadership and administration of various teams on Sundays in order to develop leaders and volunteers
- Administering and overseeing the Campus budget
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University
- Church staff experience, with demonstrable, proven leadership qualifications; will also consider volunteer staff experience and strong corporate leadership background
- You and your family love to adapt to cultures different from yours
- Proven leader and gifted communicator with experience speaking, teaching or developing large groups
- Possess a real passion for evangelism
- Very relational; enjoy meeting and learning about people from various backgrounds, ethnicities, personalities, and varied beliefs
- Motivated team builder and team player, willing to lead as well as follow and to support the vision of the Senior Pastor
- Able to multi-task, administrate with great follow through to get things done
- Hard-working, but you know how to have a good time
- Able to commit to the core values and vision of the church
- “Totally cool” with jumping headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
- Don’t lead from ‘on high;’ willing to work alongside of and serve with the congregation
- Experienced in developing others to assume leadership roles
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.