POSITION TITLE: Student Ministry Pastor
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2750
MinisterSearch is delighted to present an awesome opportunity for outstanding Student Pastors at a thriving, growing church.
This church is doing it right – and reaching people for the Lord in an area that has tremendous possibilities. It is a wide-open field and the phenomenal growth of this church demonstrates that people respond when they know that they are loved and cared for.
This young church–contemporary in its worship style–shows people who Jesus is by focusing on serving them. And, after someone is saved, the church continues to mentor them and teach them who Jesus is so that they can then show other people who Jesus is. Reaching, teaching, and releasing as described in the previous sentence is their mission – with so many in their area that don’t have experience with church and the Bible, they invest in ministering to their Rapid City in myriad ways.
With more than 200 students in the Student Ministry, this position offers a fantastic opportunity for a top-notch Leader of Leaders who loves students and has a passion to grow them in the knowledge of the Lord. And, in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore, as well as numerous other panoramic views, Rapid City offers a beautiful, serene setting together with all the requirements of contemporary living, and is quickly becoming known as having a future of great advancements in technology, medicine, and scientific research.
- Lead the youth ministry and follow the vision of church set by the Lead Pastor
- Direct and oversee the ministry, including:
- Wednesday Nights, Events, Camp
- Life Groups, Winter Retreat
- Local outreach ministries, Mission Trips
- Recruit, lead, train, and shepherd the volunteer teams
- Oversee, lead, and regularly meet with the Coaches
- Oversee, lead, and regularly meet with the Student Leaders
- Build and invest in relationships with students, parents and key influencers
- Serve as a resource and counselor for parents and students who are facing struggles
- Plan out semesters–teaching and events–and communicate the plan with church staff
- Evaluate leaders at the end of semester
- Improve the leadership pipeline within the ministry
- Attend and participate in monthly Staff Meetings
- Attend mentor meeting with Supervisor
- Prepare and deliver Wednesday message
- Meet with Youth and Next Generation staff weekly to assess Wednesday services/activities
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first
- Ability to interact and work with people in a positive manner
- Passion to serve students and the youth ministry team
- Ability to lead, build and release teams and people
- Ability to teach/preach a biblical, engaging, meaningful message
- Must love and desire to pastor teenagers and their parents who will have varied backgrounds, personalities, and spiritual journeys
- A self-starter who enjoys carrying the mission/vision of the church and can work independently and with a team
- Relational—loves being among students—and knowledgeable of current issues, likes/dislikes/, schools, etc.
- Be a presence within the church and the community by being a presence within the community, the students’ schools, and their extracurricular activities
- Great communication skills—both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills—ability to multitask
- Be loyal to the vision and staff and always protect the unity of the church
- Continually search for ways to serve and invite the lost to know Jesus and attend the church
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.