POSITION TITLE: Young Adults Pastor
LOCATION: Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 3300
MinisterSearch has a great opportunity for Young Adults Pastor candidates who would like to serve at a church that is guided by God’s Word, secured by God’s acceptance and strengthened by God’s presence. This church, with about 3300 in attendance each week, has a friendly, casual atmosphere and is looking for the man that wants to take their Young Adult Ministry to the next level.
The Young Adult Ministry has both large group and small groups. The Young Adult Pastor will be someone who is a visionary, a strong leader and teacher/communicator, and a relational person who enjoys being with all types of personalities. Additionally, he needs to have demonstrable success in ministry and a strong team builder who is very connected to this age demographic.
In this casual—no suits here—atmosphere, you will find a staff that loves to work and loves to have fun. The church is comprised of a lot of younger people, as is the community. Most are in managerial, executive, and professional occupations.
The church is located in a thriving community in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. A booming business area, this community also offers eclectic shopping, vibrant restaurants, and safe neighborhoods featuring lush landscaping and distinctive architecture.
If you have a heart for young adults and the qualifications to be their Pastor, you and your family will love being in this church that strives to live like Jesus lived, love like Jesus loves, and serve like Jesus served.
- Bring together the varied gatherings of young adults at the church and in the surrounding community and create an active missional community
- Continue to solidify Mission and Vision of the Ministry, as well as a strategic execution plan
- Design, plan, and execute weekly Large Group event, serving as primary communicator/teacher
- Teach and inspire young adults to follow Christ in a grace-filled, authentic, and relational manner
- Oversee and recruit leadership team to carry out vision–raising up and developing others to serve as communicators
- Continue to develop large group into centralized, excellent weekly event for teaching/inspiration, and connection to community and purpose
- Connect young adults to community for growth and encouragement through Small Groups
- Develop a culture of young adults reaching out to engage people with the gospel where they live, work, and play
- Recruit, train, lead, and shepherd Large Group, Small Groups and other volunteer leaders (connection, follow up, social, and service opportunities)
- Assist young adults in identifying, developing, and utilizing their gifts/talents in meaningful service
- Lead and train Young Adult Interns
- Research and stay current on trends of young adults
- Be sensitive and forward-thinking about this generation and champion this age group
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Experience as a dynamic leader with demonstrable success in teaching/communicating with young people
- Christ-rooted, visionary with track record of communicating, developing, and successfully executing the vision
- Proven history of ability to develop and grow a healthy ministry
- Great teacher—ability to reach people from all spiritual walks and backgrounds with current, applicable, relevant lessons
- Must be passionate about and convinced of the transformative potential of young adults and to participate in the redemption of the marginalized, disenfranchised and apathetic
- A strong Team Builder, planner, and implementer who lives, breathes, and is connected to the emerging culture
- An authentic, humble, person who is willing to share your ‘real’ self and what Jesus has done for you by His grace
- A self-starter who loves working hard and then, having fun with staff
- Very relational—enjoys people–being with them, engaging them, having fun with them, and pastoring them
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.