POSITION TITLE: Young Adult (Singles) Minister
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for candidates who have a passion for ministering to Single Young Adults in a great church in Dallas, Texas. Located in a lovely area of Dallas, this church has a vision to expand its outreach to young adult singles in their community, and wants to make a difference on that age group.
If you have had experience working with and ministering to young adults, this position could be a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate must have a passion for young single adults, as well as a knowledge of, and concern for, their needs and desires. Strong leadership, as well as being energetic, outgoing, and having excellent organization and communication skills are some of the strengths that define the right person.
An important facet of this position is helping each person discern their place in the ministry and how they can best serve others. The goal is for them to embrace the stage of life they are in and the opportunities that they have. This ministry is not a place for facades – it is a place for being real and creating a safe place where young adults can know that they really belong, are valuable, and are valued.
Serving in this position offers the unique opportunity to impact professional singles in a church that loves them and desires for them to understand their important role in building God’s Kingdom while living out their mission of experiencing the unexpected joy of desperate dependence on Jesus!
- Develop and lead a ministry designed to attract young single adults with the focus aimed at making disciples and caring for their needs
- Pastor, mentor, and shepherd the singles so they feel loved and understood
- Cast and implement vision for the ministry
- Lead and oversee weekly gatherings and small groups
- Prepare and deliver relevant, engaging messages
- Recognize, recruit, and develop leaders
- Develop a Singles Directional Team that “owns” the ministry vision and implements it
- Invest in the lives of and build relationships with single young adults
- Create and implement new and engaging ministry strategies that are attractive to young singles including mission/outreach, activities, and conferences
- Counsel young adults on various matters, especially premarital counseling
- Oversee and administer the budget for the ministry
- Use social media to advertise the ministry and keep attenders up to date and engaged
- Develop ministries that disciple new converts as well as more mature Christ followers in the basics of Christianity and the issues facing singles in our culture today
- Serve as part of the church-wide adult discipleship team
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Four-year degree from accredited university or college
- Experience with young adults in a discipling, mentoring, group situation
- Successful experience working as a team player
- Possess a vision and passion for singles
- Capable, engaging, relational teacher
- Proven success developing and multiplying leaders
- Ability to help people discern their gifts and how best to use them to serve others
- An empathetic spirit, transparent about your own brokenness and struggles
- Ability to analyze issues, make and communicate decisions
- Culturally aware and up to date with the age group
- Energetic, outgoing, enjoys being among young people with different personalities, gifts, and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent command and use of social media
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.