POSITION TITLE: Worship Pastor
LOCATION: Houston Area, Texas
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 800+
MinisterSearch has an awesome opportunity for a successful Worship Pastor at a thriving, fast-growing church in a city just a short drive from Houston. They are in a phase of dynamic growth and the Worship Pastor will have the opportunity to share in this growth and step into a great position comprised of great teams — technical, vocal, instrumental and media.
The Worship Pastor will have the responsibility of overseeing a comprehensive worship ministry at this progressive, nondenominational church. The right man will be a visionary, a team player, have proven experience overseeing a successful worship ministry, and whose main focus is on building hearts of worship among the congregation.
The city the position is located in is big enough to have all the amenities you want, but also small enough to retain a “community feel.” It is the home to a University with more than 15,000 students — so that definitely helps to give the city a youthful feel. With a culture of friendliness, you’ll feel right at home here. It’s home to big cookin’, big events and big fun. From bird watching to botanical gardens, hunting, fishing, and water sports there are plenty of choices for outdoor fun. Not too far from the Louisiana border, it’s a little bit Cajun, a little bit coastal, and most of all, it’s a whole lot of Texas! With a bustling downtown area that’s rich with entertainment, museums and great Cajun dining done Lone Star-style, this city offers the best of Southeast Texas. Learn about the history of the Lone Star State at a huge collection of world-class museums and there are a variety of museums that cater to art enthusiasts, history buffs and nature lovers alike. The city and the University offer opportunities to enjoy the arts as well.
You can get in touch with God’s awesome beauty through parks, nature preserves and campgrounds that maintain the Texas wilderness. You can even get up close to that rare bird species on a birding expedition. And the huge South Texas State Fair is a fantastic family event that everyone looks forward to each year. Add in the music festivals, golf courses, and parades, and there’s something for everyone in your family to do.
The right person for this position will be an energetic self-starter who has a vision and knows how to share that vision with the leaders and get them excited and eager to carry it out! A proven track record of success in working with staff, leaders and volunteers and growing a music ministry is necessary.
The staff is excited about this opportunity and eager to welcome and embrace the Worship Pastor in this extremely important position.
- Direct and be responsible for the planning, organizing, conducting, evaluating, and continued growth of a comprehensive music ministry, including choirs, vocal and/or instruments ensembles
- Oversee four direct reports and all vocal, instrumental, equipment, etc., volunteers
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor to ensure that he is updated and that there is cohesiveness between worship and message
- Develop a short- and long-term vision for the worship ministry
- Focus on building hearts of worship – an atmosphere among the congregation that enables and teaches them to worship
- Arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church related activities; also for weddings and funerals as requested
- Ensure that all equipment, volunteers, are in place and prepared for the weekend
- Maintain a calendar, ensuring that musicians are updated in a timely manner and provided all necessary information
- Build a team atmosphere that promotes healthy growth and success among the staff and volunteers and conveys that we are the body of Jesus serving our community and each other
- Lead, develop, grow, and shepherd volunteers in the worship ministry
- Recruit, train, and build up worship leaders, as well as creating a heart for worship and training for those who are called to lead worship
- Oversee leadership of youth band and kids band (Music Director is directly over this)
- Oversee and administrate the worship ministry budget
- Lead Worship staff meetings and participate in all-staff meetings
- Report to Senior Pastor
- Four-year degree from an accredited University—music degree a plus
- Experience in a leadership position in music ministry with demonstrable success in leading, directing, mentoring, and growing a worship ministry program
- Ability to play an instrument is highly preferred
- A passion for worship and the arts
- Ability to lead people into worship; create emotion
- Can determine where people are, take them by the hand, and lead them to where they need to be in all facets of the ministry
- Serve Him and others through this position
- Ability to prioritize the direction of an excellent program of ministry through music while maintaining the focusing of building hearts of worship among the congregation through teaching
- High energy, engaging, relational, a great presenter – but also ability to be respected
- Must be a team player—works well in a team atmosphere
- Possess skills of organization, consistency, and structure
- Self-starter and multi-tasker who can work on multiple projects at once
Excellent knowledge of all current software that is necessary to pastor a comprehensive music ministry
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.