POSITION TITLE: Campus Student Pastor
LOCATION: Knoxville, TN
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 4000+; 850 This Campus
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for Student Pastors at one of the campuses of a growing church in Knoxville, Tennessee. This church, with a combined attendance of more than 4000, is creative and progressive in their worship style. Very vested in their students, this campus runs close to 850 in weekly attendance and has about 190 in the MS and HS student ministry. This campus is located in a beautiful bedroom community 20 minutes from downtown Knoxville.
They are caring and eager to serve–with volunteers already in position to support the person who can come in with the experience, the energy, and the talent to lead and continue to grow this great ministry. Home to some of the top schools in the state, the schools that feed this Campus consistently rank within the top 3 systems in the state each year for academics. They also continually have a strong state championship presence for our high school football team. This Campus pulls students from four different area high schools.
The right person for this position will serve as a role model for the students, will be a strong teacher/communicator to large and small groups, and be able to relate to them. Other requirements are a 4-year degree, at experience in Student Ministry in a thriving, growing ministry—there must be a real love for students and a desire to reach them where they are.
In addition to a thriving, growing, and progressive environment, this church offers staff and members who really want to make a difference in impacting the lives of others through their service. This Student Pastor will come into a church that is ready to help and make you and your family feel right at home.
The Knoxville area has a moderate cost of living with an excellent public education system. From the Smoky mountains and beautiful lakes and rivers, to more restaurants, shopping, and other amenities than you could ever believe, the Knoxville area has it all–a great place for families and the bonus of VERY friendly people!!!
- Lead, oversee, and grow the Campus Student Ministry, grades 6-12.
- Provide input into the structure, leadership and strategic planning for the Student Ministry
- Collaborate regularly with the other Campus Student Ministry Pastors
- Own the implementation of the vision, values, and goals for the ministry of the church and the Family & Student Ministry of this campus
- Teach, or oversee the teaching, during campus student services
- Recruit, equip, train, lead, and shepherd Student Ministry volunteers
- Develop student ministry volunteers to grow their skills and ability and to become leaders of leaders
- Oversee campus student events (i.e. weekly student service) and be part of the leadership during all-campus student events (i.e. summer camp, retreats, etc.)
- Plan and lead events for students to connect and/or serve throughout the year
- Invest in students outside of church through schools, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with students and their families, including using various methods of communication
- Oversee facility setup/reset for events at the Campus (as assigned)
- Attend and participate in all Campus and all-church staff meetings
- Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Successful experience in a healthy, growing student ministry
- Must love students, love being with them, and be a strong example of a mature Christ follower in their lives
- Needs to have great leadership/management skills
- Strong, engaging teacher/communicator to small and large groups; ability to communicate on students’ level and ‘lingo’
- Catalytic leader able to engage a rapid growth student ministry and take it to the next level in reaching, discipling and developing next generation Christ followers and leaders
- Aware of the youth culture, what students are interested in and what they are doing
- Energetic, able, and willing to give 110% in any capacity necessary for the good of the Ministry
- Passion to be on campus at local schools to move the mission of the students forward at the Campus
- Excellent communication skills—oral and written
- A team player – someone who works well with a team-minded staff and does whatever is needed for the team
- Very relational—ability to relate to students of different backgrounds, different maturity levels, and different places in their faith walk
- Ability to recognize, train, lead, and mentor volunteers
- A self-starter and someone who can follow through with plans and assignments
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.