POSITION TITLE: Kids Director/Pastor
LOCATION: Macon, GA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 900
MinisterSearch has an opportunity for Kids Pastors at a healthy, growing church in Macon, Georgia, that loves their children and families. Believing that they are to engage the culture that surrounds them, this church uses cultural awareness, creativity, and technology to relevantly present the timeless message of Christ.
Located in a growing suburb of the middle Georgia community, the church has averaged 15% growth each of the last 3 years and fully expects that trend to continue. With a contemporary worship style and two Sunday services, the church has made a major commitment to future generations and family ministry over the last four years, which is evidenced in their budgeting. During this time, God has more than doubled this ministry.
An experienced, successful leader who loves challenge and the constant activity and busy-ness of children will be at home in this environment that involves 200 children and 65 volunteers. The ministry enjoys the use of a newly built wing with an excellent 105-seat kids’ worship center, ‘Cool’ Kids’ Group rooms, a Volunteer Hospitality room and a room for Special Needs families. The environment places high values on innovation, creative use of themes, and cultural relevance/tie-ins, so that is another attribute that they will be looking for as they consider candidates.
And, when you get right down to it, the candidate who is a fit for this position already knows the duties and demands of a vibrant children’s ministry, is running a thriving program now, and is excited about the challenge of doing it again.
Macon, known as the “Heart of Georgia,” is a town full of southern charm and antebellum architecture. It contains more than 155,000 people and is a little over an hour south of Atlanta. Due to its rich history, dating back to Native American civilizations, Macon is regularly mentioned as a cultural epicenter for Georgia. There is minimal traffic and distance (you can get anywhere in about 10 minutes); many schools to choose from, both public and private; they have a great recreational lake, Lake Tobesofkee, their own river, the Ocmulgee and are 3 hours to the ocean and 4 hours to ski. It is a town that loves food (from bar-b-cue to fine dining), sports (especially high school and college football), and Macon music (Otis Redding, Little Richard, the Allman Brothers Band, and Jason Aldean, to name a few). It is also home to Mercer University (are you a college basketball fan!), Wesleyan College (the first college for women in the US) and Middle Georgia State College. With all this and its mid/upper mid, largely professional urban congregation, this position is full of opportunity for ministry and is a great place to raise a family!
- Provide effective leadership and oversight of the Kids Ministry for 5K through 5th grade
- Ensure effective Bible teaching and application so that children begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Articulate vision for Kids Ministry in alignment with overall vision of the church
- Ensure that the programming is biblical, creative, relational and fun
- Search continually for community outreach opportunities
- Train, lead, mentor, and equip staff and volunteers
- Provide quality care of children to include ensuring the child/volunteer protection process adheres to current safety guidelines
- Partner with parents to encourage, support and nurture their needs, to facilitate spiritual growth of their children, and to foster their enthusiastic support of the ministry
- Work to ensure smooth ministry and grade transitions, working in cooperation with Preschool and Student ministries
- Develop, lead, and oversee special events programming including VBS-type program, kids’ camp, programs, and other activities throughout the year
- Communicate and work with pastoral staff on church-wide ministry opportunities and needs
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors and church staff
- Administer the annual budget and make financial decisions, being a good steward of funds
- Report to Executive Pastor
- A life that demonstrates that you are a passionate follower/disciple of Jesus
- Proven success in leading and growing a large, thriving Children’s Ministry
- Minimum of a four-year degree from an accredited university or college; a major in Biblical Studies and/or Children’s Ministry is preferred; Master’s study in a related field is a plus
- Predominant desire to see a child’s heart changed by the gospel
- Strong leader who engages, equips and inspires others to become leaders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter who does not need to be micro-managed
- Confident leader with a teachable spirit and transparency
- Thrives in a team environment—volunteers and peers–and can effectively prevent/resolve conflict
- Believes in fighting for families, parents and God-centered homes
- Knowledge of and prior use of ORANGE curriculum
- Current knowledge of and ability to use relevant software and communication avenues such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Full of energy, enthusiasm, and loves being ‘silly’ with the kids
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.