This phase consists of discovering and compiling all information necessary to execute a successful pastor search and hire.
The MinisterSearch Pastor Search Consultants use multiple conventional and proprietary methods to seek out the most qualified pastor candidates for your open ministry position.
Screening / Interviewing
Our Ministry Search Consultants will screen hundreds of candidates to identify the most qualified candidate(s) for submission. This will consist of multiple, extensive interviews as well as in-depth reference checks.
As the executive pastor search team at MinisterSearch identify qualified pastor candidates, they are immediately submitted to you for consideration and interviews.
MinisterSearch Pastor Search Consultants work with you to develop and facilitate an effective interview process and walk through that process with you, the pastor candidates, and their families.
Compensation / Negotiation
Your Pastor Search Consultant will make recommendations and handle financial negotiations on your behalf.
The MinisterSearch team will guide you and your new pastor through the entire transition process and follow up over the months and years to follow.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A SEARCH FIRM
When considering an executive pastor search firm for your open pastor positions, there are many points that should be considered. We’ve listed just a few below:
Look at the firm’s experience and track record
- How many pastor searches has the executive search firm led, how many pastoral positions have they actually filled, and find out the retention rate of those pastors
Consider the pastor search process
- Find out how the pastor search firm goes about identifying the profile of your church or ministry and your desired candidate
- How does the pastor search firm identify, source, screen, interview, and work with pastor candidates?
- What is the standard “process” for hiring a pastor or minister?
- How does the pastor search firm “profile” candidates?
- How involved are you in this part of the process?
- How long does the average pastor search take?
- Do they place more “active” or “passive” pastors?
- Will the pastor search consutant(s) walk along side you and the pastors throughout the whole process, or do you have to handle all of the interviewing once the pastors’ resumes have been submitted?
- What is the fee schedule?
- Is part of the fee withheld until after the hire?
- What ‘other costs’ will be incurred?
- How long is the pastors employment guaranteed?
- What happens if things don’t work out?
There are many other things to prayerfully consider when hiring a church staff search firm. As with any major decision, much prayer, research, and wisdom should go into the decision process.
At MinisterSearch, we want you to be matched with the firm that can best serve you. On occasion, we’ve actually referred prospective clients to other firms. If you ever want to have a “no-pressure” conversation about pastor search firms, church staffing, process, etc. please let us know. We’d love to help you in any way possible.
Subscribe for openings, staffing, leadership, and ministry info: