POSITION TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministry
LOCATION: Great Suburb of Phoenix, AZ
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 500+
One of our great clients has an awesome position for a Director of Children’s Ministry! This contemporary, welcoming church loves their precious children. Over the past years, they have focused on being the Church outside the walls of their buildings for their community and the world.
Everything this loving church family does revolves around three things . . . loving God, loving God’s family, and loving God’s world. Those words reflect their passion for vibrant worship, fellowship, and outreach both at home and abroad–and they firmly believe that their ministries for children are where these important roots are planted and first begin to grow.
It’s very clear that their Children’s Ministry is very important. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in to this position and take the Children’s Ministry from very good to great – in an awesome environment! The Pastors are real people – the offices are often filled with fun and laughter in a casual environment – but also tender moments of sincerity, concerns, and prayer. A good way to describe the staff is that they don’t take themselves too seriously, but they take God very seriously.
Some of the qualifications the right person will have are: the love of Jesus for children and a passion for Children’s Ministry; an ability to cast and implement a vision for the ministry; an organized, self-starter who can accomplish tasks in a flexible environment; a good delegator and supervisor who provides an encouraging, engaging environment with a biblical, creative curriculum for the children, the staff, and the volunteers. Including the parents as an integral part of the Ministry is imperative – they want the children to love coming to church — and the parents to understand how their children are being cared for and taught — and to have available resources they can use to help raise their children in the knowledge of the Lord. (If you have great Internship experience only, you will be considered!)
Not only does this position offer a great environment in which to minister, but the location is great, too. Located just a few miles from Phoenix, this community is comprised mainly of single-family homes, has great high-achieving schools—not only in academics, but in sports and other extracurricular activities as well. Additionally, in a 2013 Citizen Survey, 98 percent of Peoria residents said they would recommend living in Peoria to anyone who asks!
Ideally located for the sports and recreation enthusiast, there are four spring training sites within 10 miles of here; and if you are a fan of the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NASCAR or major college sports, you will be just minutes away from seeing your favorite team or driver. In addition, this community offers miles of hiking/biking trails, many community and neighborhood parks, and exploring in the surrounding desert where you will observe incredible vistas.
A loving, caring church that treasures their children and is located in an outstanding community, combine to offer the right candidate a great opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of precious children.
- Lead and continue to develop the Children’s Ministry (children and their families) ages birth through 6th grade with a team approach
- Cast and articulate a vision for dynamic, life-changing ministry to children
- Focus on continuing and further improving a safe environment that is fun and creative so that kids begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Ensure that biblical, creative, relational, and engaging curriculum and resources are provided to teachers
- Consult closely with pastoral staff to coordinate the vision and programs of the Children’s Ministry with the mission of the church.
- Recruit, lead, train, and shepherd the volunteers and paid staff, assuring that weekly staff of volunteer positions is covered
- Communicate consistently with parents the vision of the children’s ministry and provide resources and support that encourage parents to facilitate their children’s spiritual growth and to foster their support of the Ministry
- Embrace and be accessible to the entire church family
- Prepare in advance for short- and long-term projects, future programs, curriculums, etc.
- Administer the budget for the Children’s Ministry
- Attend and participate in Staff Meetings
- Reports to the Senior Pastor
- Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Experience, skills, and record of success and growth in Children’s Ministry (Internship experience will be considered)
- Possess the love of Jesus for children and be passionate about Children’s Ministry
- Ability to assess and implement programming/curriculum that is best for the church and the ministry
- Skills to continue and enhance an atmosphere where children are eager to go to church
- Can relate to, interact with, and have a heart for parents, as well as the ability to achieve their full support for and enthusiasm about the ministry
- Energetic self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can get things accomplished within a flexible environment
- Be a fun-loving, ultra-friendly, team player who can work well with other staff
- A teachable, humble spirit
- Knows when to delegate, but is also a good overseer
- Creative, forward thinker, and planner who is an organized multitasker
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.