POSITION TITLE: Children’s Pastor
LOCATION: Suburb of Kansas City, KS
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 800
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in a lovely suburb of Kansas City, Kansas.
This is a healthy church with a strong local and global missions’ presence. The Children’s Ministry offers an opportunity for a strong leader to come in and take this program to the next level. There are many young families in this lovely suburb that will be attracted to the church through a thriving Children’s Ministry. This position will require an energetic, dynamic leader, not simply one who can provide stewardship over a healthy children’s ministry.
This suburb preserves the ambiance of a village with the livability of a neighborhood. The “village’ lifestyle is enhanced by quality education, a variety of housing options, recreation and local commerce in pedestrian friendly centers. Leisure activities include plenty of outdoor activities such as excellent public. Golf courses, as well as outstanding public parks, soccer and youth facilities. Professional sports include the Kansas City Chiefs football team, Kansas City Royals baseball club, and the Kansas Speedway, which hosts two NASCAR races each year.
This is an awesome opportunity in a very family-oriented suburb/village that offers great living, locally and nationally highly rated schools with high parental involvement — a perfect environment for leading and building the Children’s Ministry.
- Establishes a vision and strategic direction for the Children’s Ministry.
- Overseeing the Preschool, Parent’s Day Out, Children’s Sunday School MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and weeknight events.
- Enhances Sunday morning programs through dynamic curriculum, creative mediums, and new learning styles and techniques.
- Acts as the catalyst for new initiatives that provide spiritual development for children and their families.
- Supervise the Children’s ministry staff Coordinate the efforts of the Children’s Ministry Directors, Early Childhood and Elementary.
- Is present and visible on Sunday mornings and at Children’s ministry events to lead, encourage, and problem solve.
- Plan and assess special events, Vacation Bible School, music and drama programs.
- Oversee the nursery, children’s library and children’s mission projects.
- Identifies, recruits and develops leaders and volunteers, equipping
- them to reproduce additional leaders.
- Demonstrate love for kids and their families. Identify children and parents in need of support and ensure their needs are met.
- Assist families in crisis by providing godly counsel.
- Integrates individual ministry programs and initiatives by working closely with other Hillcrest pastoral staff and ministry teams.
- Ensures staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned with other ministries.
- Four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited College or University. Theological training a plus.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers in a church setting.
- Supports completely the church’s mission of knowing Christ and making Him know to others.
- Fully devoted to following Jesus in everything you do – must be a person of high character and possess a thorough knowledge of scriptures.
- Have the desire and heart to shepherd children and families.
- Strong leader who is capable of casting vision, communicating it well, and seeing it through to completion.
- Team player with strong relational skills who is friendly and approachable.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with the skills necessary to inspire others and communicate goals. A patient listener.
- Successful, proven experience in leading and building teams.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – ability to multitask.
- Flexibility to be productive in an ever-changing ministry environment, and the ability to think creatively.
- Takes direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.