POSITION TITLE: Children’s Pastor
LOCATION: Houston Suburb, TX
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 6000
What a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Children’s Pastor! This church of 6000 attenders and approximately 600 first through 5th graders, and a brand new kids’ ministry area, is invested in their children and requires a dynamic Pastor who is passionate about Children’s Ministry also.
Their desire is to have an environment where kids are having a great time while learning truth around scripture and Jesus – an experience that has kids begging their parents to bring them to church week after week!
Keeping parents in the loop and creating opportunities for kids/parents to be involved in service, both within the church and the community, is important. Paramount, however, is ensuring that each child feels valued, regardless of how large the group is. The person who will be right for this position
They are known for their outreach and accessibility to people who do not attend church, for their music and for outstanding practical, relevant bible teaching. Their focuse and their heart is to make disciples of unreached people and to teach them applicable life principles of the Bible.
The right person for this position will possess a strong background of leadership in a Children’s Ministry at a large church, be a visionary, an excellent communicator, organized, a self-starter, and a team player, among other qualities.
The location of this church is optimum! It is in a suburban corridor of Houston that continues to grow and offers numerous lovely subdivisions in which to live, as well as exemplary schools. This Houston area suburb provides a high quality of life at a low cost of living.
- Serve as the chief leader and communicator of Children’s Ministry for children from 1st to 5th Grade.
- Creatively and effectively implement the church’s vision to children and their families.
- Ensure a safe and fun place for all children to make friends and learn about God.
- Recruit, lead, train, and care for the volunteers and paid staff for all church events.
- Develop and implement biblical, creative, relational, and engaging curriculum for weekend services.
- Partner with parents by communicating the vision of the children’s ministry and provide resources and support that encourage parents to facilitate their children’s spiritual growth and to foster their support of the ministry.
- Lead a team of staff and volunteers to provide ministry to children with Special Needs.
- Plan special events necessary to reach the un-churched families in the area: (i.e.) Kids Camp, Sports Camps, Preteen Nights, etc.
- Oversee and administer the budget for the Children’s Ministry.
- Reports to the Pastor of Age Graded Ministries.
- A growing relationship with Jesus and a willingness to serve His church by loving and ministering to children.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in a healthy, growing Children’s Ministry in a large church.
- Ability to assess and implement programming/curriculum that is best for the church and the ministry.
- Energetic self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can get tasks accomplished within a flexible environment.
- A fun-loving, ultra-friendly, team player who can work well with other staff.
- A teachable, humble spirit.
- Creative, forward thinker, and planner who is an organized multi-tasker.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.