POSITION TITLE: Children’s Pastor/Director
LOCATION: Austin area, Texas
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 600-650
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for Children’s Pastor/Director candidates at a super, growing church in that is vested in their children and families. This church, with an attendance of between 600 and 650 and on a pace to reach 1000 within a year, has a huge Children’s Ministry that comprises about 35% of their attendance. They are a Biblically sound, culturally relevant church that reaches families for Christ.
Located in one of the fastest growing areas in Texas, with casual, contemporary, attractional services and lots of young families, this church is on the path to have one of the greatest Children’s Ministries in the area.
As the church and the ministry grow, the person in this position will have the opportunity to develop and structure the Children’s Ministry—curriculum (they use Orange) and staff.
They have a great vision that they know can only be done because of God and not on their own — and because of this great vision it is a very exciting time in the church’s life — growth and change and both local and international engagement. They envision a growing local community, 4 multi-site campuses, 10 church starts, and 1 international church targeting unreached people.
Among other qualities, the right person for this position will be a dynamic leader with a passion for children and their families. Additionally, this position requires someone who can continue to develop and implement ideas for making the program even better–a person who can recognize, train, mentor, and shepherd volunteers and staff, as well as engage, communicate, and care for parents.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the person who is energetic, creative, hardworking, and currently in a successful Children’s Ministry who would like to move up to the next level (Interns will be considered). The community is a great, friendly area—a suburb of Austin with many young families. The staff is close and work hard and play hard—together; and they and the church are excited about welcoming their next Children’s Pastor/Director.
- Lead Children’s Ministry – Birth through 4th Grade
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Children’s ministry which includes weekend children’s services, children’s special events, Backyard Bible Clubs, and future programs in these areas such as camps, etc.
- Recruit and train volunteers who will serve in all areas of the Children’s ministry and continue ongoing training.
- Ensure that background checks have been completed on all family ministry volunteers.
- Select and/or develop curriculum and programs that will be used in Children’s ministry that fit in with our overall vision to reach people for Christ and see them grow to become more like Him.
- Ensure that our environments are safe, fun, relational and creative so that children can begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus.
- Find ways to connect parents in the spiritual growth of their children.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
- Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Love of Ministry, children, and their families
- Desire to be and remain in Children’s Ministry for the long term
- Spiritual growth that this is evidenced in personal and professional life
- Agree with the vision and values of the Church
- Proven ability to lead volunteers and develop people to their potential
- Can coach and cast vision to a team and help them stay encouraged
- Very relational – enjoy people – of all ages, backgrounds, and walks
- Good organizational and communication (verbal and written)skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher; familiar with and use social media in communication (experience with graphics, website operations — a bonus)
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.