POSITION TITLE: Children’s Ministry Associate (Operations)
LOCATION: Great Suburb of Houston, TX
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2700+ (2 campuses)
MinisterSearch is excited to present an opportunity for a Children’s Ministry Associate-Operations who will be in charge of the operations of the Children’s Ministry at one campus of this two-campus church of more than 2700 and growing. With 750 children, birth-5th grade at this campus, this is an awesome opportunity for someone to have a huge impact on adults and children.
This position will entail overseeing every aspect of the organizational systems and structures that keep this large and very important ministry at peak level. Listed as one of Outreach Magazine’s fastest growing churches year in and year out, this is a great opportunity for someone who has experience working with children and who is great with administrating details such as financial procedures, supply purchasing and preparation, writing operation manuals, etc. This critical position enables everyone involved in the ministry to be assured that the environment is safe and they have everything they need to work with.
This church is vested in their children and their parents. Organized around five purposes that include ministry and evangelism, as well as fellowship, the staff works hard to accomplish their calling, but they also are friends and have a lot of fun together! The Children’s team strives for excellence, is very driven, loves working as a team, having fun with each other, and realizes how important family and friends are. It is a great, supportive environment for someone who loves children and wants to do everything they can to ensure that these precious kids grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus each time they are in church.
This is a great position in a great part of the west Houston Metro area that offers the right person a seldom-found opportunity to learn and be mentored by successful people. Intern experience will be considered.
- Lead, develop and implement all organizational systems and structures in the Kid’s Ministry Systems such as, but not limited to: security systems, financial procedures, all supply purchasing and preparation, writing operation manuals, and some aspects of training systems development
- Constantly evaluate current security system, in order to make sure it provides the most security to our kids and user friendliness to our parents
- Follow all accepted standard financial procedures including maintaining accurate line item records and completing financial paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain inventory and order all necessary supplies for all Children’s Programming
- Maintain resource and storage rooms in an orderly manner and use consistent forms across all departments
- Prepare supplies for all age groups at least one series in advance
- Maintain up-to-date Children’s Ministry Operations Manuals and create manuals as needed for new positions
- Together with Kids’ Volunteer Shepherd, work to evaluate training system that is clear and concise
- Participate in Kids’ Small Groups as a Small Group Leader
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Children’s Pastor
- Attend and participate in all Children’s Ministry staff meetings
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University.
- Experience working in a large Children’s Ministry (Interns will be considered)
- A life that exhibits a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the ministry and vision of the Children’s Ministry.
- Possess the love of Jesus for children and their parents.
- Have the desire and skills to encourage, support and nurture the needs of the children and their parents.
- Possess excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be very skilled at attention to details
- A sense of urgency at completing tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, both verbally and in writing
- A self-starter who can take the assignment and accomplish it without micromanagement
- A multitasker who loves an atmosphere that is full of activity
- A team player who thrives in an atmosphere of ‘work hard,’ and ‘play hard’ with the team
- Familiar with or become familiar with “Orange” curriculum
- Participate as an active member of the church
- Must align with the personnel manual of the church
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.