POSITION TITLE: Campus Pastor
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600 Total
We have great news!! One of our fast-growing, multi-site clients in the Tampa, Florida, area has partnered with us to find a strong Leader to serve as a Campus Pastor at one of their locations. They have several campuses already, with plans to add more.
This church, which is running about 2600 total among its current campuses, has a vision to launch strategic campuses throughout the area. They believe in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus. A fairly young church, they have grown from meeting in an apartment complex to see thousands of people come and experience authentic life change through the powerful message of Jesus.
While each Campus has its own culture, they all have the same focus and the same vision and mission. The church does not micromanage their staff’s daily routine. Other than scheduled meetings, the rest of the schedule is yours to set. They are excellent at reaching out to communities, telling them about Jesus, and doing great weekends! This position requires someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter, great at recruiting volunteers, and a strong Leader who is not stopped by the word “no.”
As the nation’s 54th largest city, Tampa offers a unique and exciting experience for everyone. A visit to their ever-growing downtown area, or the exciting Channelside and Ybor entertainment districts, will provide you with plenty to see and do. Whether you choose to relax at an outdoor cafe, stroll along the Riverwalk or unwind at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park it will be evident how much we have put into ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment.
There is a diverse selection of great restaurants and some of the state’s best attractions, including the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the Straz Center for the Performing Arts, and Lowry Park Zoo. Of particular note is new Tampa Bay History Center and the recently opened Tampa Museum of Art, both are state of the art facilities honoring our community’s history, heritage, and commitment to the arts.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, this city provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
- Lead, pastor, and shepherd the attendees at the campus and the Campus Leadership Team
- Ensure that the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its mission and values
- Lead the campus in accomplishing goals and action plans established by the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead and disciple attendees to reflect increasing participation in giving, Small Groups, and volunteering
- Establish, train, empower and oversee a volunteer Campus Leadership Team and implement intentional and consistent meetings to clarify and execute the church’s goals and objectives
- Mentor and evaluate existing staff in their respective areas of ministry and prioritize future staffing needs
- Assist the Campus Operations Pastor in strategic planning and staffing coordination at the campus location
- Build personal relationships with high level leaders who can help grow the campus
- Build relationships with people in the community, at the campus and lead a core team of leaders
- Monitor and report weekly to the Campus Operations director the pulse of the campus
- Lead midweek Campus services
- Fulfill pastoral and administrative duties (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, hospital visits, counseling, etc. for your campus attendees
- Oversee and manage campus budget
- Provide oversight and direction in the financial functions of the campus
- Ensure volunteers feel trained, cared for, equipped and appreciated
- Ensure all campus facilities, worship experiences, programs and meetings are effectively executed to meet the excellence level of the church
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 3 years’ executive level staff experience
- Exemplify a Christian life of love for all, approaching responsibilities as the leader while possessing the heart of a shepherd and a servant
- Experience overseeing paid staff and volunteers
- Display excellent communication skills and the ability to make sound, timely decisions
- Possess excellent decision-making skills using the wisdom and discernment empowered by God
- Passionate about serving this church and not just focused on the campus
- Responsible for the campus but need to be part of the whole team
- Must be a leader—someone who can guide, direct, and delegate
- An energetic self-starter who enjoys meeting and exceeding goals
- Personable—a “people person” who enjoys being around, with, and engaging people, and utilizes high level networking and relational strengths that enhance the community and the excellence of execution at your Campus
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.