POSITION TITLE: Campus Children’s Pastor
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600 (All Campuses)
MinisterSearch is delighted to partner with a great church in Tampa that currently has several campuses and is adding another one in 2015.
They currently have a position for a Campus Children’s Pastor to oversee the Children’s Ministry at one of their locations. This church, which is running about 2600 total among its campuses, has a vision to launch strategic campuses throughout the Tampa area. This church believes in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, Tampa provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth through 5th grade
- Drive the growth of the Children’s Ministry
- Lead the Ministry in accomplishing the goals and action plans established in collaboration with the Campus Pastor
- Build relationships with high level leaders who will invest their lives into the lives of children birth – 5th grades
- Establish a strong presence and support for families in the community
- Together with the Global Children’s Pastor choose, develop, and prepare age-appropriate programming that is transferable to all campuses
- Create excellent and passionate environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, encourage spiritual growth, and effectively connecting with children
- Ensure that the facilities of the Children’s Ministry reflect the excellence level of the church
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers
- Lead weekly meetings to plan and coordinate music, video, technical, and creative elements to be used in service programming
- Lead regular evaluations to monitor the impact and excellence of service programming
- Stay current with kid’s culture trends to effectively connect children with the gospel
- Develop and document Child Safety Systems to include but not limited to, well-staffed and consistent check in/out procedures, background checks on all volunteers/staff prior to serving, proper age-appropriate/child safe rooms, CPR training for volunteers/staff, and parent notification system
- Establish and implement an effective follow-up strategy that provides care to children who have been absent, have birthdays, in a family crisis, etc.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Baby Dedications, baptisms, family Christmas activities, etc.
- Monitor and report weekly statistics to direct supervisor
- Oversee and manage the Children’s Ministry budget
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents and be a voice of the vision of the church
- Ensure volunteers feel trained, cared for, well-equipped, and appreciated by church
- Document and submit all established ministry systems and policies to direct supervisor
- Build strong relationships with the administration at the local elementary school, city sports recreation organizations and parents
- Minimum of 3 years’ strong leadership experience in a healthy Children’s Ministry at a thriving church
- 4-year Degree from an accredited College or University
- Possess the love of Jesus for babies and children and be a strong example of a mature Christ follower in their lives
- Ability to relate and interact with parents to achieve their full support and enthusiasm about the ministry
- Be able to create an atmosphere of love, acceptance, and teaching such that children are excited to come to church each week
- A proven track record of working with developing, training, and shepherding teams and leaders
- Possess the ability to relate well to children, volunteers, and parents
- High energy person who can multi-task and is flexible
- Be a self-starter-—someone who is self-motivated and can continue to get the job done, even during difficult times or when doing thankless tasks
- Very relational – strong presence among the children, parents, and within the community
- Excellent communication skills—oral and written
- A team player – someone who works well with a team-minded staff and does whatever is needed for the team
- Ability to recognize, train, lead, and mentor volunteers
- Ability to follow through with plans and assignments
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current social media to promote the ministry
- Above all, the main focus must always be to honor God with the precious resources He has given us
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.