POSITION TITLE: Associate Campus Pastor
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2600
Are you successful in your current pastoral position and ready to step up to the next level? If so, this fast-growing, multi-site church might be perfect for you! They need a strong, relational Leader to serve as Associate Campus Pastor at one of their locations. They have several campuses already, with plans to add more.
Believing in passionately helping people find and follow Jesus, the church has a vision to launch strategic campuses throughout the Tampa area. A fairly young church, they have grown from meeting in an apartment complex to see thousands of people come and experience authentic life change through the powerful message of Jesus.
While each Campus has its own culture, they all have the same focus and the same vision and mission. The church does not micromanage their staff’s daily routine. Other than scheduled meetings, the rest of the schedule is yours to set. They are excellent at reaching out to communities, telling them about Jesus, and doing great weekends! This position requires someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter, great at recruiting volunteers, and a strong Leader who is not stopped by the word “no.”
As the nation’s 54th largest city, Tampa offers a unique and exciting experience for everyone. A visit to their ever-growing downtown area, or the exciting Channelside and Ybor entertainment districts, will provide you with plenty to see and do. Whether you choose to relax at an outdoor cafe, stroll along the Riverwalk or unwind at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park it will be evident how much we have put into ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment.
There is a diverse selection of great restaurants and some of the state’s best attractions, including the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the Straz Center for the Performing Arts, and Lowry Park Zoo. Of particular note is new Tampa Bay History Center and the recently opened Tampa Museum of Art, both are state of the art facilities honoring our community’s history, heritage, and commitment to the arts.
Together with a great opportunity to reach people for the Lord, this city provides a beautiful surrounding in which to live, serve, and raise a family.
- Help people find and follow Jesus by assisting the Campus Pastor with the oversight of the life development and assimilation processes of the Campus.
- Engage at a leader level in all special giving and serving initiatives
- Bring pastoral leadership to the campus.
- Ensure that the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its mission and values.
- Assist the Campus Operations Pastor in strategic planning and staffing coordination at the campus location.
- Lead the campus in accomplishing goals and action plans established by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead and disciple attendees to reflect growing participation in giving, small groups, and volunteering.
- Establish, train, empower and oversee a volunteer Campus Leadership Team and implement intentional and consistent staff meetings to clarify and execute the church’s goals and objectives.
- Mentor and evaluate existing staff in their respective areas of ministry and, together with the Campus Pastor, prioritize future staffing needs.
- Monitor and report weekly to the Campus Operations director the pulse of the campus, including numbers of attendance, giving, small groups, volunteers, etc.
- Ensure all campus facilities, worship experiences, programs and meetings are effectively executed to meet the excellence level of the church.
- Fulfill pastoral and administrative duties (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, hospital visits, counseling, etc.), for your campus attendees.
- Evaluate and make timely changes/adjustments as needed in order to protect the excellence level of all weekend worship service environments including but not limited to, adult, students, and children’s worship experiences.
- Oversee and administer campus budget.
- Provide oversight and direction in the financial functions of the campus including but not limited to, stewardship campaigns, cash flow, contributions, payroll, leases and budget development.
- Ensure volunteers feel trained, cared for, equipped and appreciated.
- Document and submit all established ministry systems and policies to direct supervisor.
- Support the ministry of the church by faithfully giving 10% of income.
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum of 3 years’ executive level staff experience.
- Experience overseeing paid staff and volunteers.
- Exemplify a Christian life of love for all, approaching responsibilities as a leader while possessing the heart of a shepherd and a servant.
- Must be a leader—someone who can guide, direct, and delegate.
- A team player—works extremely well with staff and Supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions.
- Relational—a “people person” who enjoys being around, with, and engaging people, and utilizes high level networking and relational strengths that enhance the community and the excellence of execution at your Campus.
- An energetic self-starter who enjoys meeting and exceeding goals.
- Possess excellent decision-making skills using the wisdom and discernment empowered by God.
- Passionate about serving this church and not just focused on the campus.
Please make sure you meet all requirements and qualifications. If you do and are interested in learning more, please apply here.
For a complete listing of all open positions, click here.